Home Discussion Forum Tech Articles Other Articles Featured Rides Readers Rides Classifieds Shirts & Decals Parts Store

Ford Ranger Discussion Forum

Off-Road Truck Of The Month

'PlumCrazy'
October 2014 OTOTM

Mini Truck Of The Month

'Ted R.'
October 2014 MTOTM

Go Back   The Ranger Station Forums > Bulletins (Welcome, News/Announcements, Problems & Submissions) > Submit Info For Technical Articles

Notices

Submit Info For Technical Articles Submit all your technical information or stories here to be added to our Technical Library

DO NOT POST TECH QUESTIONS HERE!

Old 02-20-2012, 10:59 PM   #1
Herms88BII

Vehicle Year: 1988
Vehicle Make: Ford
Vehicle Model: Bronco II
I use this vehicle for: Daily Driver
Herms88BII will become famous soon enoughHerms88BII will become famous soon enough
Exclamation 1988 Ford Bronco II Main Cab Harness Diagram

Since my BII is down and it is too cold to work on it outside, i decided to yank the electrical system out of it & create wiring diagrams for all the harnesses and during this process fix the wiring issues im experiencing.

The first one i have completed is the Main Cab Harness (including the portion in the engine bay). I dont have all the connectors named but would be willing to update the drawing based off of anyones input.

I've gained alot of mechanical knowledge from this forum and since i'm an electrical engineer by trade, i figured this could be my gift back to the community.

Stay tuned for more (wont happen too fast, maybe another week or two and i'll have the engine harness mapped)

- Aaron
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 1988_Ford_Bronco_II_Main_Cab_Harness_Schematic.pdf (342.4 KB, 116 views)
Herms88BII is offline   Reply With Quote
Forum Notices (Not shown to 'Premium Members')

Reminder:

We're looking for participants to help move our banner from Alaska to Florida: Click HERE.

Click HERE to see the banner map.

Want to become a Premium Member & not see these notices? Click HERE.

Want your truck considered for Truck Of The Month? Click HERE.

Don't forget to vote!

Old 02-21-2012, 12:13 AM   #2
SmokeEater829

Vehicle Year: 1989
I use this vehicle for: Hunting truck
SmokeEater829 is on a distinguished road

Holy crap balls! You are the man. I pulled the dash out of my 89 B2 today to work on a few things. This will definitely help me trace a few wires!!!

THANKS FOR THIS INFO!
SmokeEater829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 12:40 AM   #3
Herms88BII

Herms88BII will become famous soon enoughHerms88BII will become famous soon enough

No worries dude! Here's another document i created to go along with it...its still a work in progress (havent verified all the wire gauges) but its a nice companion to the schematic.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 1988_Ford_Bronco_II Main_Cab_Harness_Connector_List.pdf (901.8 KB, 68 views)
Old 02-21-2012, 12:59 PM   #4
jhammel85
On here ignoring work

Vehicle Year: 1987
Vehicle Model: Ranger
I use this vehicle for: Daily Driver / Off Road from time to time
jhammel85 has a spectacular aura aboutjhammel85 has a spectacular aura aboutjhammel85 has a spectacular aura about

Looks like a TON of work. Someone should really put this in our library...Well done man!

MY BUILD THREAD
jhammel85 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 01:01 PM   #5
jhammel85
On here ignoring work

I use this vehicle for: Daily Driver / Off Road from time to time
jhammel85 has a spectacular aura aboutjhammel85 has a spectacular aura aboutjhammel85 has a spectacular aura about

By the way...I've had issues with finding out what #5 and 8 are myself. No idea where they go..They've always been unhooked.

Will you be updating us on what goes where?

Thanks alot for this! It's a great diagram..

MY BUILD THREAD

Last edited by jhammel85; 02-21-2012 at 01:23 PM.
jhammel85 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 05:41 PM   #6
Herms88BII

The plan is that as I get a more complete view of the electrical system (chase circuits from one harness through another) i'll go back and update each print so it is complete.

Once this is done, i'm going to redesign the cab & engine harnesses to relocate the entire power distribution system (using a Cooper Bussmann RTMR for a power distribution module) and EEC to where the cubby & glove box are currently...This should get all the relays/etc (but not the fuse links) out of the engine bay and raise the electrical system to a higher/safer position in the cab. I'm also going to be using an environmentally sealed 102 pin bulkhead connector to pass wires through the firewall (will allow for easy engine swap in the future) & am moving the passthrough to the passenger side.

Its probably going to be about 200+ hours of work to do the whole thing but its what i do for living (sometimes) and something i enjoy so it shouldnt be too painful.

In the end i hope to provide prints for how to do the rework i am doing that are accurate and easy to do. Our trucks are old...they need all the help they can get!
Old 02-22-2012, 10:46 PM   #7
Psychopete

I use this vehicle for: Working on
Psychopete is just really nicePsychopete is just really nicePsychopete is just really nicePsychopete is just really nice

That is awesome.
Psychopete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 11:22 AM   #8
Mark_88
Einstein I'm NOT

Vehicle Model: Multi-year Ranger
I use this vehicle for: Space travel
Mark_88 has a reputation beyond reputeMark_88 has a reputation beyond reputeMark_88 has a reputation beyond reputeMark_88 has a reputation beyond reputeMark_88 has a reputation beyond reputeMark_88 has a reputation beyond reputeMark_88 has a reputation beyond reputeMark_88 has a reputation beyond reputeMark_88 has a reputation beyond reputeMark_88 has a reputation beyond reputeMark_88 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow...when I opened the first document I thought..."oh, great, a mess of wires..."...then I blew up the image and started tracing the wires...awesome!

The second document was what I was thinking of when I was looking at the first...what are the connectors and what do they look like...

This will earn you rep points all over the place...I will start that out...and thanks for taking the time...

Rome and my Ranger were not built in a day...
Mark_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 11:21 PM   #9
neeter

Vehicle Make: ford
Vehicle Model: bronco 2
neeter is on a distinguished road
Default cannot open

I've tried several times and different computers and I cannot pull up the attachment. If you still have it, would you be willing to send it to my email. Having the worst time to find a diagram and I want to see if this works.
neeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 01:08 PM   #10
duchie12

duchie12 is on a distinguished road

I also just tried to open both attachment and only got a blueish gray screen. Did it get moved somewhere??? I had to splice a fuse box out of my nephews ranger into my bronco II harness. After I had a global meltdown from the fuel pump lead. when I say melt down it was just about every wire coming out of the fuse box twisted together with the insulation melted together like crayons on a hot day. But I'm chasing down one little short that leaves my rear running lights on. But it has to be the smallest short as you barely notice the lights are on at night. Thanks
duchie12 is offline   Reply With Quote