Home Discussion Forum Tech Articles Other Articles Featured Rides Readers Rides Classifieds Shirts & Decals Parts Store

Ford Ranger Discussion Forum

Off-Road Truck Of The Month

'AgPete139'
September 2014 OTOTM

Mini Truck Of The Month

'alexp11'
September 2014 MTOTM

Go Back   The Ranger Station Forums > Truck Discussions > General Discussions

General Discussions This forum is for general discussions. Place posts that don't fit in any other forums here.

Old 02-23-2012, 12:21 PM   #41
adsm08
EOAH

Asteroids Champion

Vehicle Year: 1987
Vehicle Make: Ford
Vehicle Model: Ranger XLT
I use this vehicle for: Elevenses
adsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to adsm08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will View Post
. The 4.0 cammer has more power and a little more torque, but you need 4 elbows to work on it and most of it you can't work on because only aliens from Alpha Centari can time the camshafts.
I can time the camshafts in a SOHC. Pretty sure I was born and bred here on Earth. Only gots two arm that I know of.

I do have all the special tools that Ford made for doing it though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by American1990 View Post
We are getting way off topic... I made this thread because I wanted to talk about the 2.9, all I have seen so far is everyone hates it. And wants to bash on it, so... I suppose there far fewer 2.9 supporters then I thought... Im just going to keep to myself for now on. So far all that happen is when some new guy comes on and starts a thread all the "upper guys" want to step all over it and talk down on it. If it not what YOU guys want to see you rag on it and say it a waste of time, but yet you still take the time to tell me it a waste of time...irony? maybe...
I never said I hate the 2.9. I love the one in my Ranger. But it's like pizza. I love pizza, but one time I ate nothing but pizza for 4 months during the work week. At the end of that semester I said I never wanted to see another slice. But 7 years later I eat it whenever I get a chance.

My feelings towards the 2.9 are similar. I am almost 26. I've been driving the same truck on and off for almost a decade now except for 9 months when I was 21. That means I have been driving vehicles with these engines for as long as I've been driving and doing it almost constantly. I'm not ready to give up my comfy familiar old truck, but I would like to change the flavor a bit. Understand?

Project: Amazing Grace

Project: Cash 'N Carry

Project: 12-Volt Sandwich, project finished

Project: Birthday Present

I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

HELP REPEAL OBAMACARE

HELP REPEAL WASHINGTON DC
adsm08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Forum Notices (Not shown to 'Premium Members')

Reminder:

We're looking for participants to help move our banner from Alaska to Florida: Click HERE.

Click HERE to see the banner map.

Want to become a Premium Member & not see these notices? Click HERE.

Want your truck considered for Truck Of The Month? Click HERE.

Don't forget to vote!

Old 02-23-2012, 12:59 PM   #42
Gary101386

Vehicle Year: 1989
Vehicle Model: Ranger STX
I use this vehicle for: Everything!
Gary101386 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotta_gofast View Post
It basically boils down to this. A guy with a small penis tries to justify his small penis (hopefully to convince the guys with the larger penis) that he is just as capable and can do it all. Sure they both pee, but the bigger guys don't need to lean forward.
but where the fun comes in is when the "smaller guys" can bang your wife and leave their mark on her, just as the big guys could... meaning go to the same offroad spot and go through / climb just as much as the "bigger guys" can.

Has anyone heard of the guys that get a big ass truck or a crazy fast car that theyre compensating?
Gary101386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 01:00 PM   #43
Gary101386

its all about what you like and what you can afford. all the nut swingers of the 4.0 would get ragged on by any one else, because its not what they have / like. Personaly i could give two shits if someone i never met, that i dont know, that i probably will never meet or know likes my truck.

I am new to the truck scene, i used to have a Mustang, and even tho my GT was built up and could take some cobra's or at least give them a run for their money it was still the little bastard child of the biggest baddest model.

There was a saying, that holds alot of truth,

"I spend Money i dont have, to buy things i dont need, to impress people i dont know."

In the end, it is you behind the wheel of your truck, driving it how you drive it, doing the things that make you happy. Who cares if someone has nothing better to do than to rag on you for having fun or enjoying your truck...

American1990, Its one thing to buy the biggest best baddest model of something, but its an entirely different to take something and make it your own.

Last edited by Gary101386; 02-23-2012 at 01:03 PM.
Old 02-23-2012, 02:01 PM   #44
85_Ranger4x4
December 2013 OTOTM

Vehicle Year: 1985
Vehicle Model: Ranger
I use this vehicle for: A weapon of massive consumption.
85_Ranger4x4 has a brilliant future85_Ranger4x4 has a brilliant future85_Ranger4x4 has a brilliant future85_Ranger4x4 has a brilliant future85_Ranger4x4 has a brilliant future85_Ranger4x4 has a brilliant future85_Ranger4x4 has a brilliant future85_Ranger4x4 has a brilliant future85_Ranger4x4 has a brilliant future85_Ranger4x4 has a brilliant future85_Ranger4x4 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary101386 View Post
Has anyone heard of the guys that get a big ass truck or a crazy fast car that theyre compensating?
But I have only heard that from people with smaller trucks or slower cars...

Do what you want, why you want to. This thread was setup to turn into a debate from the start and it did receive a healthy push by the OP in that direction when he started comparing it to other engines/vehicles.

By all rights a newer (can't say new anymore I guess) 4.0 should show me where to go, but when I drop the hammer, the old girl rears back, the V8 belts out her war cry and the view goes plaid... it is really hard not to smile. That is why my truck is the way it is, it is what I want.

Build Thread

We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements of life, when all that we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about. Charles Kingsley (1819-75)
85_Ranger4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 04:45 PM   #45
American1990

Vehicle Year: 1989 1990 1992
I use this vehicle for: What trucks should do, pull, haul, and get muddy.
American1990 is on a distinguished road

Anyways... started my build today. Started taking everything apart and labeled. all I need now is a engine hoist.... my old one got "miss placed" by my brother. if there is anyone that would like to watch everything go down, ill make a separate thread to tell all the details; if not, ill keep on giving small updates on here.
American1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 04:49 PM   #46
Gotta_gofast

Vehicle Year: 2006
Vehicle Model: F250 FX4
I use this vehicle for: Droppin panties
Gotta_gofast is a name known to allGotta_gofast is a name known to allGotta_gofast is a name known to allGotta_gofast is a name known to allGotta_gofast is a name known to allGotta_gofast is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary101386 View Post
but where the fun comes in is when the "smaller guys" can bang your wife and leave their mark on her, just as the big guys could... meaning go to the same offroad spot and go through / climb just as much as the "bigger guys" can.

Why would a woman want a small one when she already has a big one?

And generally the people who look at a nice vehicle and claim "they must be compensating" are usually just jealous.

(sold) SUPERCHARGED 2005 Ford Ranger
Gotta_gofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 06:23 PM   #47
85_Ranger4x4
December 2013 OTOTM

Vehicle Year: 1985
I use this vehicle for: A weapon of massive consumption.
85_Ranger4x4 has a brilliant future85_Ranger4x4 has a brilliant future85_Ranger4x4 has a brilliant future85_Ranger4x4 has a brilliant future85_Ranger4x4 has a brilliant future85_Ranger4x4 has a brilliant future85_Ranger4x4 has a brilliant future85_Ranger4x4 has a brilliant future85_Ranger4x4 has a brilliant future85_Ranger4x4 has a brilliant future85_Ranger4x4 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by American1990 View Post
Anyways... started my build today. Started taking everything apart and labeled. all I need now is a engine hoist.... my old one got "miss placed" by my brother. if there is anyone that would like to watch everything go down, ill make a separate thread to tell all the details; if not, ill keep on giving small updates on here.
You might go ahead and start a thread:

http://www.therangerstation.com/foru...splay.php?f=70

Build Thread

We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements of life, when all that we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about. Charles Kingsley (1819-75)
85_Ranger4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 07:30 PM   #48
Gary101386

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotta_gofast View Post
Why would a woman want a small one when she already has a big one?

And generally the people who look at a nice vehicle and claim "they must be compensating" are usually just jealous.
if your woman has got "a big one" thats a whole other issue...

also its another form of compensating is that guy that talks the talk...
Old 02-23-2012, 08:01 PM   #49
Gotta_gofast

Vehicle Year: 2006
Vehicle Model: F250 FX4
I use this vehicle for: Droppin panties
Gotta_gofast is a name known to allGotta_gofast is a name known to allGotta_gofast is a name known to allGotta_gofast is a name known to allGotta_gofast is a name known to allGotta_gofast is a name known to all

So the little 2.9ers who "talk the talk" like their little motor does anything the 4.0L does have a small weiner? Ahh, now we finally find common ground.

(sold) SUPERCHARGED 2005 Ford Ranger
Gotta_gofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 11:02 PM   #50
American1990

Vehicle Year: 1989 1990 1992
I use this vehicle for: What trucks should do, pull, haul, and get muddy.
American1990 is on a distinguished road

I believe you were the first person to mention penises? So... I suppose that the same as talking smack about someone truck....so...Does that mean your jealous or have a small penis?
American1990 is offline   Reply With Quote