• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

91 ranger 2wd 4.0 to a 302

morse johnson

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
Hi everyone i'm new to the forum i just wanted to share my project with others.I have a 91 ranger that i'm putting a 302 in it. I started this project back in april of this year i rebuild the motor myself. Now i have a stage 1 cam with longtube tri Y headers and E7 heads.After rebuilding the motor i found me a truck and removed the motor and rearend. I replaced the 8.8 3.08 gears with a 7.5 posi trac. I know the 8.8 is alittle better but i just wanted the posi trac.:D. Now that the motor is in the truck i i'm slowly putting things together and hopefully tomorrow i will have some pictures posted for everyone to see. This has definately been a crazy project but very fun overall,for me alot of junkyards and fabricating has been involved. Any questions i will try to answer and more pictures to come.

Attachments

Last edited:

morse johnson

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
The fan is a taurus 3.8 i removed my shroud from the ranger and trimmed the taurus fan so that it would fit in my shroud..$25 taurus fan from junkyard

Toomanycars

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger
Transmission
Automatic
nice build .. I have a 91 short box 2wd that I have planed one doing this swap to next winter ... I have a complete 92 ltd that I will be pulling most everything out of..

How are all your clearances .. I was thinking the ac box on the fire wall would have to be trimed or removed ..

morse johnson

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
on my clearances

i have 3 3/4 on my water pump clearance and on the evaporator i just had to cut a small section out of the bottom and then i refiberglas it..it worked out fine. Now on the oil relocator i jus bought a 90 degree one the lower profile the better.I will be using an efan the more clearance the better.

Tominator

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 S-Trim 450HP
Transmission
Manual
Awsome job on the radiator!:icon_hornsup:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals