Home Discussion Forum Tech Articles Other Articles Featured Rides Readers Rides Classifieds Shirts & Decals Parts Store

Ford Ranger Discussion Forum

Off-Road Truck Of The Month

'MastuhWaffles'
November 2014 OTOTM

Mini Truck Of The Month

'ATX'
November 2014 MTOTM

Go Back   The Ranger Station Forums > TRS Photo & Video Galleries > Your Garage > Non RBV Build Threads

Notices

Non RBV Build Threads

Old 07-17-2011, 11:24 PM   #11
JohnnyU
"Outlaw"

Vehicle Year: 2008
Vehicle Make: Chevrolet
Vehicle Model: Trailblazer SS
JohnnyU has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyU has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyU has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyU has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyU has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyU has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyU has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyU has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyU has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyU has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyU has a reputation beyond repute

Can anyone come up with a compelling reason NOT to buy this?

Earth Resin Offroad
JohnnyU is offline   Reply With Quote
Forum Notices (Not shown to 'Premium Members')

Reminder:

We're looking for participants to help move our banner from Alaska to Florida: Click HERE.

Click HERE to see the banner map.

Want to become a Premium Member & not see these notices? Click HERE.

Want your truck considered for Truck Of The Month? Click HERE.

Don't forget to vote!

Old 07-17-2011, 11:29 PM   #12
Jim Oaks
Building another truck

Vehicle Year: 1983 & 1996
Vehicle Make: Ford
Vehicle Model: Ranger
I use this vehicle for: Dedicated trail rig!
My credo: Happy wife, happy life.
Jim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond repute

You want the Semi bunk.

Vote For TRS In Top 4x4 Sites
Jim Oaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 06:59 AM   #13
JohnnyU
"Outlaw"

JohnnyU has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyU has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyU has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyU has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyU has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyU has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyU has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyU has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyU has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyU has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyU has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Oaks View Post
You want the Semi bunk.
I don't know what I want. This thing is only a little bit more and has a TON more room and amenities. I'm torn, and haven't been able to find any decent semi sleepers that are even within 150 miles.

Maybe I need to make a trip to Chicago or St Louis, I bet I could find one PDQ.

Earth Resin Offroad
Old 07-19-2011, 12:03 AM   #14
Jim Oaks
Building another truck

Vehicle Year: 1983 & 1996
I use this vehicle for: Dedicated trail rig!
My credo: Happy wife, happy life.
Jim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't mind having an ambulance.

That green and white ambulance sold on ebay for $292.00.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT

Now before you laugh, think about this....

These squads can be had with a turbo diesel, dually rear on a F350 or better chassis. Think of all the space you could convert to a camper and the towing ability.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ambulance_white.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	113.6 KB
ID:	5504  

Click image for larger version

Name:	white-green_ambulance.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	5505  

Vote For TRS In Top 4x4 Sites
Jim Oaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 12:32 AM   #15
koda6966

Vehicle Year: 1993
I use this vehicle for: Giving me pride.
koda6966 is a splendid one to beholdkoda6966 is a splendid one to beholdkoda6966 is a splendid one to beholdkoda6966 is a splendid one to beholdkoda6966 is a splendid one to beholdkoda6966 is a splendid one to beholdkoda6966 is a splendid one to behold

And they come with some pretty sweet storage in them for camping equipment.

I once saw one in a JY that had matching boxes down the side, three on each side. It had the old ambulance lights and everything but was modified with cages instead of steel doors in the cabinets. Guy probably used it as a dog catcher rig with capabilities for larger animals on the inside. Pretty sweet setup, would have made an awesome rig for a hunting truck (dogs in the cages, sleep on the inside) but somebody already scavenged 90% of the non-ambulatory stuff.
2004 Nissan Titan LE 5.6/auto/4x4. Light Duty Tow Pig.

Ranger Build Thread.
Jeep XJ Build Thread.
koda6966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 01:31 AM   #16
wahlstrom1
J-man HD Mech

wahlstrom1 is a jewel in the roughwahlstrom1 is a jewel in the roughwahlstrom1 is a jewel in the roughwahlstrom1 is a jewel in the rough

Just gonna pull off the camper for truck haulin duties, and use it for camping/quadding?

Deer-hoof wheels = 5 on 4.5" BP...? How many lb axles and does it have brakes?

Camper might be a bit heavy loaded up with gear/water etc and a quad on it.
wahlstrom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 06:46 AM   #17
JohnnyU
"Outlaw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahlstrom1 View Post
Just gonna pull off the camper for truck haulin duties, and use it for camping/quadding?

Deer-hoof wheels = 5 on 4.5" BP...? How many lb axles and does it have brakes?

Camper might be a bit heavy loaded up with gear/water etc and a quad on it.
They're 3500# axles for now (with brakes), which I'm not super happy with, but it gets the job done and was the right price. I can easily swap axles later.

That's exactly what I'm thinking, use the trailer with camper for ATVing, as that's 90% of what our trips would be, then pull it when I wanted to take the truck somewhere. I don't think the truck would fit with a sleeper up front anyway, so I'd need to pull that or stretch the trailer to use both.

Earth Resin Offroad

Last edited by JohnnyU; 07-19-2011 at 06:48 AM.
Old 07-19-2011, 07:09 AM   #18
JohnnyU
"Outlaw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Oaks View Post
I wouldn't mind having an ambulance.

Now before you laugh, think about this....

These squads can be had with a turbo diesel, dually rear on a F350 or better chassis. Think of all the space you could convert to a camper and the towing ability.
It had crossed my mind, but I already have the turbo diesel tow rig and trailer, so that's kind of a moot point. I was eying a 32' tandem dual GN trailer that would have let me do about anything I wanted, but it was 5X the cost, and almost 3X the empty weight.

Earth Resin Offroad
Old 07-19-2011, 08:32 AM   #19
wahlstrom1
J-man HD Mech

wahlstrom1 is a jewel in the roughwahlstrom1 is a jewel in the roughwahlstrom1 is a jewel in the roughwahlstrom1 is a jewel in the rough

Ah, if they're 3500lb's I wouldn't worry. If the truck doesn't fit with the sleeper then I'd do the camper just for room and keeping the wife happy while camping. A lot more ammenities and nicer all around.
wahlstrom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 09:21 AM   #20
JohnnyU
"Outlaw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahlstrom1 View Post
Ah, if they're 3500lb's I wouldn't worry. If the truck doesn't fit with the sleeper then I'd do the camper just for room and keeping the wife happy while camping. A lot more ammenities and nicer all around.
I'm usually by myself on ATV trips, unless I pick up a SxS. I would like to do that in the next couple of years, but for now, I realy only have to worry about me on those kind of trips. My wife is more of a cabin camper, or at least we typically stay in a cabin when we go up to Door County, Wi, or similar.

I'm just thinking that this would be a nice upgrade for myself, of course, I'll need approval from my CFO...

Earth Resin Offroad