• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Electronic to Manual 4x4 Conversion

Davey Crocett

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I'm new at this but here goes, I'm making plans to convert my 1993 Ranger
Electronic 4x4 to a manual 4x4...I've had nothing but problems with it. I was told that I can use a B2 driveshaft for this. What model years of B2 can I use that will bolt up to my 1350 Borg Warner T-case. Any info would help.
Thanks.

Donnie strickland

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Is your 1993 Ranger still stock? If it is, you have a 1354 t-case, not a 1350.

91exploreron37

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
And if it is a elec 1354 you can swap in a manual 1350 t-case but make sure you get the driveshaft with the 3 1/2in u joint and you will probably have to shorten it a few inches. If you have a lift you may not have to I'm swappin one in today and will find out how much it needs to be shortened if any.

Donnie strickland

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Well, if it is an electric 1354 he can do a direct bolt-in swap for the manual 1354.

I guess that's why I'm wondering...because if he's already got an electric 1350, he could just swap in a manual 1350.

Davey Crocett

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Hi Donnie,
It is stock and yes I do have a 1354 T-case, but I just purchased a 1350 T-case for
50 bucks. I've had problems with the 1354 and when I talked with our local Ford dealer, parts department, they said that basicially the only difference between the two was a slight upgrade.

91exploreron37

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Were they talking about the 1350 and 1354 t-cases? If so yes there was an upgrade but also the front outputs are COMPLETELY different as the 1354 has a flange that the driveshaft bolts to and the 1350 has a slip yoke that the driveshaft slides into so your gonna have to find a driveshaft from a vehicle with a 1350 and measure it to make sure its the right length and has the right size u-joint for the front diff.

91exploreron37

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Oh yea and make sure you get the right shift linkage as there were a few different lengths and make sure the rear output flange on the t-case is the same as yours, if not you can unbolt yours with a thin walled 30mm socket and bolt it to the 1350. One more thing you will need the tranny to t-case bolts from a vehicle with a 1350 beacuse the 1354 bolts have a different thread pitch and after going to the junkyard twice and not finding any I bought some 3/8 and 1 3/4 length bolts which worked peferfectly.I just finished swapping in a 1350 t-case in my explorer tonight but I still have to find the right shift lnkage.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals