• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Mitsu 5spd swap and reverse lights

The_Dealer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Duh!
Transmission
Automatic
I'm trying to figure out what wire i need to wire into what for my reverse lights on my a4ld to fm146 swap. theres a 2 wire connector comming of the top of the trans(wires comming out then a female plug end on it, i dont have the male), then on the side of the trans there a sensor looking deal with no connector comming off. which one of these do i need to wire into, im guessing the one on the top? what colors do i match up?

also my ebrake doesnt want to stat up all the way and when i ride down the road it will fall about an inch and the brake light will come on on the dash, its play in the ebrake that makes it do it. anyone know how i can take the slack out of it? i get tired of having to push it up to make the light go off

thanks guys

edit: btw i didnt have to do any wiring to the trans for neutral safety switch or anything as i was durasparked and accidentally cut some of those wires out. but my reverse lights did work before. so i dont care about neutral safety or anything

Last edited:

nooberiffic

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
pics would help.

The_Dealer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Duh!
Transmission
Automatic
batteries dead in camera, ill try to get some tomorrow. in the fm146 write up it says redo the timing. it said timing was different for a4ld rigs and fm146, so what should it be?

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
The one on the side is the backup lights. It is just a simple on off switch so wire order isn't important. Just find your back up light wires and hook them to the sensor.

Last edited:

The_Dealer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Duh!
Transmission
Automatic
so i just hook my purple/striped back up wire to either one of the wires, or do i need a power going to one of them?

also how about the timing thing?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals