• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

carbs I can use for dura spark conversion

mcstein

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
What will fit on my 84 bronco II v6 2.8L? I know I can use one from a 1975-79 pinto or mustang but I'm having trouble looking them up. I'm just trying to search prices but there are many different carb numbers that come up. I was also told to use a motorcraft 2150 on another forum but none of the pinto/mustang carbs are that. Will a 2150 fit on my v6. I've only found references to 2150's on v8s. Thanks for advice.

kimcrwbr1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Automatic
You need to find a 2150 with a 1.08 venturi. 302s had them on them you just need to put #48 or #50 jets in. The jets out of a feedback carb are most likely #50s and can swap into the 2150 non feedback. Alot of guys use the holly 350 you just need to research it if you decide to go that route. If your using a 2150 you need the carb spacer felpro # 60529 that came off a 302 also it plugs the vacuum leak on the base where the TPS used to be.

The_Dealer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Duh!
Transmission
Automatic
i used a holley 350 after trying to run the stock feedback carb with metering block. i did not really like it, but i think the carb was in need of a rebuild. i got a holley 350, and despite wat holley says about ready to run out of the box no tuning needed didnt apply to me. ran super lean at idle, and a little rich. i adjusted the float level, adjusted the idle air mixture for highest idle, and put some #59 jets in it and it runs good, still a tad rich, need #58 jets. but other then that im happy with it. also used the felpro spacer kimcrwbr1 listed (for an 84 bronco with the 5.0 2bbl). tried to use the holley paper gasket but my carb studs were too short. still had to cut off about 1/4" off the rear passenger side stud to clear the manual choke stuff. plus i hear the throttle response is better with the spacer. for some reason my stock 2.8 spacer was thicker then the felpro one i used:icon_confused:

EDIT: also i believe advance can get the 2150 off a pinto for like 200 bux rebuilt by holley, or some other carb place

John Smith

Reaction score
I have one for sale in the classifieds....

make me an offer i can't refuse?....sorry 4 the blatant advert....I had it built for my 2.8L project I abandoned...
What will fit on my 84 bronco II v6 2.8L? I know I can use one from a 1975-79 pinto or mustang but I'm having trouble looking them up. I'm just trying to search prices but there are many different carb numbers that come up. I was also told to use a motorcraft 2150 on another forum but none of the pinto/mustang carbs are that. Will a 2150 fit on my v6. I've only found references to 2150's on v8s. Thanks for advice.
At any rate i DO hope you find what you're looking for...

kimcrwbr1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Automatic
thanks man
No problem with mine I just closed them both all the way and used the idle air screws for idle and just opened the larger bleed valve small incriments at a time till it ran good and the fuel mileage got better. Timing first 10 dbtdc with the advance plugged. It adds up to 20 degrees with the advance on manifold vacuum the tree. Adjust the idle air for highest rpm or vacuum pressure then run it at around 2000 rpm and turn the air bleed out slowly it dont need much. GL

kimcrwbr1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Automatic
It is also good to check the wet float adjustment or set it if you rebuilt the carb. Once you get it running you can pull the top off the carb and measure the fuel in the float bowl. From the top of the bowl to the center of the fuel you want about 3/4 of an inch. If your careful you can run it with the top off the carb to dial it in and make sure the idle air screws are about 3 turns out when you start it these engines like it rich.

Twister

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985 1987
Make / Model
Duh
Engine Size
5.0L, 2.9L
Transmission
Manual
If you cant find a non feedback 2150, i am running a motorcraft 2100. It seems to work well, but i a still trying to get familiar with tuning a carb.

martin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
It makes tuning much easier if you keep the original carb and just make a metering block.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals