• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

alignment?

Buckeye Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
ok i put on my 2" coils today to level out my 95 ranger 4x4. i know that i need to get an alignment (which i will do tomorrow) but i have a quick question. My tires are on the truck looking like this \ /. My question is is an alignment gonna fix this problem or did i screw somethin up?

Buckeye Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
ok. im going to big o tires to get it aligned. Should i look for somewhere else or what? and should i tell them i need chamber bushings when i tell them i need an alignment?

F150hybred

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Telling them would most likely help. It gives the shop an indication that you "know what you want".

Buckeye Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
so i went to the alignment place and they said i need some drop brackets for my axel which i do not have. does anybody have any they could show me what it looks like so that i can get these or maybe even fab some up so i can level my axel back out and get this thing aligned?

Buckeye Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
this is how it's look'n right now. i really need to fix this axel

F150hybred

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Drop brackets for a 2" lift??? I doubt you need them and I find that hard to believe... but if you do need them, look for a set of factory STX drop brackets. Those will give you the correct ammount of drop. Maybe someone else can drop a line in here and help this feller out a bit.

skippy

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l durasparked rice killer
Transmission
Manual
o man i dunno what to do now lol.
try another shop.check all vendors in your area,see if they have a website and phone number.kaufman tire advertises wheel alignment on modified suspensions at $99.i used 2"spacers and have the same issue,and knew i would.i haven't called em yet as i have to get the money,but im sure new camber bushings are not included in price.good luck and remember,if at first you don't suceed-be a ruthless bastard and wear them down.

95XL

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
7.3L Diesel
Transmission
Automatic
I agree, you shouldn't need brackets for only two inches of lift. I put 2" coilspacers under my front springs and my alignment guy was able to pull it in using my original camber bushings (They were replaced once already, but before I bought the truck, I got lucky!) So yeah, like other people said, make sure the place you take it is familiar with the ttb suspension. Clearly they are not if they can't get it to align with only 2" of lift.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals