• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Got a Summit

Shwack10

Reaction score
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I got a Summit for Christmas! This thing so fun, and its huge. It's defiantly a lot more fun than my Stampede VXL. It does awesome in the snow, my yard and everyone's yards around my house have tire tracks all over them. I have a question though, are the steering servo's supposed be whining all the time, and my back tires are pointing in how do i fix that?

03Fx4MN

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
The summit is based off the revo chassis so to adjust the toe angle adjust the turnbuckle thats not attached to the shock/spring assembly or the one that sits lower if its the rtr it came with the correct wrench should be one of the 5mm one. If your really bashing on it and new to the monster truck rc's may I suggest rpm a arms I have them on my Revo and they definitely worth it and you can get blue to match the truck :).

Last edited:

jhammel85

I love those things...Just too damn expensive for me.

Now..I do have a son on the way so...maybe in a few years we can buy one for "him", lol.

EERNGER

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
those things look pretty freakin awesome.

ForOffRoadDriving

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
I love those things...Just too damn expensive for me.

Now..I do have a son on the way so...maybe in a few years we can buy one for "him", lol.
im in the same boat and was just thinking the same thing! maybe not buy it for him (or her) persay, maybe more along the lines for me - to curb my truck mod spending? this stuff is probably just as expensive, the parts are just smaller!

4x4junkie

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
35x12.50R15
It's normal for the steering servos to make an occasional very faint whine or buzzing which can be silenced if you jiggle the wheel ever so slightly, but if they are constantly buzzing like they are fighting each other, then the linkage is not adjusted properly (which can cause them to burn out).

You'll need to adjust the length of the short interconnecting links linking the servos to the bellcrank assembly (there's instructions in the manual on how to do this).

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
those things are sweet. way too much to spend on a toy for me though, i could put new tires on my b2 for what they cost. but one day, i'll have one.

i cant wait to have kids, i'm gonna buy "them" all the cool shit i never got. plus i wont have to wait til my wife leaves to play gi joes, not to mention, my fort building skills are tremendously more advanced than when i was a kid.

ForOffRoadDriving

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
:icon_thumby:
those things are sweet. way too much to spend on a toy for me though, i could put new tires on my b2 for what they cost. but one day, i'll have one.

i cant wait to have kids, i'm gonna buy "them" all the cool shit i never got. plus i wont have to wait til my wife leaves to play gi joes, not to mention, my fort building skills are tremendously more advanced than when i was a kid.
after reading this i spit my water out, laughed, and then realized i shouldnt be so worried about being a dad, ill do great!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals