• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

95 ranger ext cab sas

gearhead51

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
picked all this up for $700 its a 77 EB d44

baught it from a guy in worcester MA and he said he was the 2nd owner and the original owner rebuild it from hub to hub and put it in his ranger and rolled it after a couple hundred miles. what you guys think? i couldnt get ahold of the original owner 2 ask about how he had it mounted in there. You guys think the current track bar and mount will work? The RA brackets i think are ttb fullsize bronco drop brackets the radius arms are 34in long so a little shorter than the stock 78-79 RA. Im gonna go with sas duffs extended arms #5352 and there sas #5346 crossmember i was quoted $872 from duff yesterday for the 2 parts plus shipping

Last edited:

dangerranger83

5.0 HO under the hood!!!
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 HO carbed with an np435 and np208
Transmission
Manual
If it was under a ranger previously, may just "bolt" into yours, depending on what gen. ranger it was under.

countryboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
man what a steel

gearhead51

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
ya not sure what gen ranger it came out of. kinda leary about putting someones else's setup and fab work in my truck with out meeting or talking to the guy.

its kind of a dumb question but i try to be 100% before i do anything. i was wondering what you guys were doing 2 center the axle in the fender. do you hang a plumb bob in the middle of the fender and line it up to the ttb and then carefully remove the ttb and then line up the new axle to the plumb bob or just measure from center axle to center axle and match it to factory specs

Josh40601

U.S. Military - Veteran
OTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1991/2001
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
you're prolly going to make fun of me, but we "eyeballed" it for front to rear, and measured outside of frame rail to top of knuckle on both sides. Worked for us. lol.

Awesome deal on the front setup. If it were me, i'd atleast try to see if it "bolted" in

dangerranger83

5.0 HO under the hood!!!
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 HO carbed with an np435 and np208
Transmission
Manual
I did "eyeball" mine into place and had it centered but when I went to go lower to truck down on the axle, the axle wasnt straight due to my track bar didnt flex enough (stock XJ one) so it wouldnt allow m to hook up at full droop and now my axle sits just enough to the driverside that I lost a half a turn of the steering wheel because of it. If it was able to be hooked up at full droop, I wouldnt have a problem (and all this will be fixed this spring).

For best results, take your time because it will save you time in the end.

I would try to figure out how it got rolled in the first place, like was it to top heavy/high of a lift and he took a corner to fast or what.

From the looks of the pics., looks like they took there time designing everything for it, so it may hold up just fine. Has to be better then getting one out of a J/Y that you literally have no clue on its condition and whatnot.

BTW, what gear are inside of it?

Josh40601

U.S. Military - Veteran
OTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1991/2001
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
we measured everything at full droop, and full smash, once we had our measurements, we built the track bar. I highly reccomend making your own

gearhead51

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Ok cool one less measurement I have to do. The trac bar that's on it is adjustable so ill be able to fine tune after my measurements. Idk how it rolled but it has 6in Skyjacker RBV coils...dnt worry I wanna go with duff EB coils and upper coil bucket. Gears are 3.70 and the ones that are in the truck are 3.29 or something way off so I'm gonna pull a exploder 8.8 with 3.73 gears and they'll be within 1% of each other. I plan on going with different gears and haven't decided which lockers to go with. Josh40601 Ill give the trac bar an bracket thats there a shot and if it dn work ill make my own. i really like the look of the newer nose on your truck. How much did it cost.

Last edited:

Josh40601

U.S. Military - Veteran
OTOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1991/2001
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I keep forgetting it came out of a Ranger. I was thinking it was out of an EB. Try it, if anything needs to be changed, do it then.

As far as my clip goes, took about 3.5 hours, and i bought all the parts used. Hood, grille, and header panel were 300, fenders were 40 bucks, and the lights were 60.

gearhead51

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Thanks im goona look into it. Hopefully buyin parts soon. The holidays hurt my bank account. I have a question though, is it ok to stock radius arm crossmember or should i leave it in for strength

Last edited:

GMillion$

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
pair a 94's
Make / Model
FoMoCo
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks im goona look into it. Hopefully buyin parts soon. The holidays hurt my bank account. I have a question though, is it ok to stock radius arm crossmember or should i leave it in for strength
Probly get in the way of the front drive shaft when flexin if you leave it in

gearhead51

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Ya it would, feel like an idiot:idiot:

farmer

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Mix of 78-96
Make / Model
Ford donors
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
357w
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
13ish
Tire Size
39.5x15.5
Another NH guy? Damn more of em keep coming out of the woodwork! Welcome from the seacoast!

Good luck with your project!

gearhead51

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Another NH guy? Damn more of em keep coming out of the woodwork! Welcome from the seacoast!

Good luck with your project!
Hello and thank you from the south west. Who else is from nh. I'm happy I'm not alone and am excited to be a member, there's alot of good info here.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals