• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Windows

94rangerxlt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
My power windows on my truck, both sides, fall forward as they're going up and they can barely make it up if at all. Just wondering if anyone has had this problem or knew what it might be?

94rangerxlt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic

dogboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'93
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
My guess would have something to do with the window rails inside the door. Maybe both windows have fallen off the front track or something.

If I were you, I'd take the door panel/s off and see what the window/ parts inside the door do when you roll up the window.

94rangerxlt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
that's what i figured, was just hoping someone had the same problem and had fixed it. thanks, i'll do that then, shouldn't be too bad.

Harris

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Before you put everything back together make sure to use GREASE on the moving parts...it makes a huge difference sometimes.

dogboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'93
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I don't know if you have ever taken the door panel off of a Ranger, but on mine (should be the same as your's) there are three screws (one by the mirror, one in the arm rest-hole thingy, and one down in the lower rear corner) take out the screws, then lift the panel up. You will kinda have to pull it out/over the door handle, but it basicly just slides up. I thought it was kind of a handleful to put it back on though. You have about eight little hook things throughout the back of the panel which all have to go in the holes at the same time.

94rangerxlt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I have taken the panels off before, thanks though. And yeah I will make sure i grease them WELL this time. I just read about windows in the Tech library, haha :icon_twisted:. I'll go check out the problem when I get some time and then let everyone know what the problem was, may be fairly common, or I'm unlucky, haha.

94rangerxlt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
When installed my speakers I noticed the front window track is a mess and shakes and bends like crazy, so that's my problem. My question is, what years and models will match up to a '94 extended cabs window tracks?

94rangerxlt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals