• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

new to bronco II,suspension questions?

dethproof

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
hey guys new to the site but i just picked up an 84' bronco II for a winter 4x4 and i want to put a lift in it i dont want to spend all that much money but i dont want it to be complete shit either. i want about 6 inch of lift with 33's. so i was thinking of grabbing some +6 coils up front , add a leaf for 2-2 1/2 inches in rear and then just a 4" block for the rear, and also some 5-6" lift shocks front and rear this stuff is from broncograveyard.com and is going to run me like $465 shipped. I know im going to need brake exstensions and some other stuff but i wanted your guys opinion on the stuff and if im missing some parts that i will need. and I dont really know that much about this stuff so any input would be greatly appreciated. bassically i just want what i need to lift it and get it driving and then i want to adress correcting the camber/drive angle/steering issues or whatever thanks again guys hope you can point me in the right direction,
Dan

disciplerocks

July 2011 OTOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Keep an eye out for some used bracket and coils. I wouldn't go with add a leafs. Go 3" blocks and drop shackles.

ragajungle

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
Are you not going to do drop brackets up under the axle and radius arm ends? - if no you will be feeding that truck a lot of tires.. You will have some camber issues for sure.

If you look around enough in the classifieds here and other sites you can find a get-up (lift kit) for a gen 1 explorer or b2 cheap. I picked up a 4" super lift this summer for under $275 including front coils, rancho 8000 shocks, brackets - I just had to buy blocks and shocks for the back.

dethproof

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
thats were i need help at first im just going to get it lifted and drivable and then i was going to deal with camber/vibrations issues or whatever but i wouldnt necisarily need to do anything right? i mean it would help but if i did decide what kind of parts /brackets would i need to get? and if I did decide to go with shackles and 3" blocks do you think that would be enough lift in the rear to even out with the+6 coils in the front? thanks guys:headbang:

dethproof

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
and ragajungle if I use drop brackets and radius arm ends will that be all i need to do to correct camber? or is there other things i need to install to stop negative camber and vabrations and stuff and what do you mean by drop brackets? axle pivot drop? or it that something different?

Bennybooster

EMT / Paramedic
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
You need drop pitman arm, radius arm drop brackets, beam drop brackets, lift coils, longer shocks and an alignment

chrwilkins30

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Yes. He means pivot drop brackets and you will need camber/caster adjustable bushings. You will also need driveshafts as well.

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
look at the james duff kit.. it comes with what you need. i understand the budget, not saying buy that kit.. but look at it, make a list.. find that stuff.

don't forget brakelines.. and also remember fender trimming with a 4 inch lift, or a body lift is an option. and both are CHEAPER

K-Slice

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
For that lift you'd need:
Drop pitman arm
drop axle pivot
adjustable camber bushings
drop radius arm bracket
different driveshafts
extended brake hoses
longer U bolts
This would be in addition to your coils, blocks, shocks, etc.
I have AAL's in the back of my B2 and couldnt be happier with them. They stiffen the ride a little, which i Like, Makes it less floaty. I'd recomend them for you, but I'm not a fan of shackles.

And no. With that much lift I would NOT drive it without having all thats neccacary! I drove with my 2" (3" in back) lift for a very short while and that was bad enough.

Last edited:

spdcrazy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
mostly 86
Make / Model
B2
Engine Size
2.9 bored and cammed
Transmission
Manual
why not stick with a smaller lift like a 4in or so. and ifs its not a crawler toy and just a beater snow truck, you can cut the fenders a bit, and not worry about being quite so top heavy.

or just do a longer shackle in the rear, and the washer lift (under the stock coils), thats way cheap and with some fender trimming i bet ya can fit some 31's.

K-Slice

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
with just my 2" lify I had 31's fit easilt with room to spare...

meskater132

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
Fender cut

I have a 1990 ford bronco II and i will be honest i dont know much about them i just bought it 3 days ago but i do know that on the one i bought i have 30x12.5R15 mickey thompsons on it and only rubs a little at full turn. and thats it no lift if you get a minor lift 4 inch and trim the fenders it works fine for about 500 bucks you can get a complete lift kit from rough country :icon_cheers:

The_Dealer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Duh!
Transmission
Automatic
buy some skyjacker or tuff country 4" brackets...tuff country has the eccentric bolts so no need for camber bushings, some used ra drop(got mine form a member for 60 shipped) some springs and be way cheaper then a kit.

or u can get some tuff country 2.5" brackets, coil spacers, and lower the buckets 1.5" and get 4-4.5" with spacers and dropped buckets, and get some camber bushings(or get 4" drop pivots and no camber bushings)

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals