• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Bii sliders?

kolton

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Hey guys. After the last wheeling trip I've decided to burn up some rock sliders for the Bii. I've got some Sched80 poo pipe layin around for the main bars.

What would yall suggest for the mounting bars? I have some random pipe layin up at the shop that I used to collect from job sites. But I'm not sure what size it is or if its strong enough. Ill find out either tonight or tomorrow though. If yall have pics as to where yall located the mounting bars, I wouldn't mind seeing them.

Thanks, kolton.

disciplerocks

July 2011 OTOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Here is mine. Simple and it works. Thinking about redoing them now though and beefing it up.

ThatGuy

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Mine's not a B2 but I used 2x4 tubing and cut the lip off under the door. Then stitch welded to the body and used 2x2 stringers to the frame with a bushing in them.

Hahnsb2

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
88-95
Make / Model
Ford-Dodge
Engine Size
4.0-5.2 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
I used 3/16 wall 2x2 square tubing and I'm happy with that. As far as mounting, I made brackets that went around the the body mounts and drilled holes and bolted them on, I if did it over again I would have just welded them to the frame with fish plates.

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
Let me get up some pics of mine. Not trying to brag but I love how mine are. If you want a tight fitting slider

Last edited:

kolton

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Thanks for the input guys, I really like the tight fitting ones so far, they will also make it easier to "boat side" it later on.
But then again, if I go with the wider one that sticks out, I can do my oneton swaps and keep it street legal since the slider will be the widest part of the vehicle, instead of stupid huge fender flairs...
I'm going to use the bodymount placement as the mounting points, I really like that idea. The PO had step bars mounted from the mounts but I removed them when I got the Bii, so the mounting holes are already there.

Oh and 4.0, I had to move my lights back to my stinger... I caught a tree just right and it pulled, bent, and tore the cowl up like crazy... :/ so if your still wanting to go that route, I would try and brace it to the firewall with some angle iron welded to the metal mounting plate, pm me if u don't understand what I just said.
Deciple, is that the 90amp chicago electric amp from harbor freight?

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic

is the pic of the guy's design i kinda copied

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
thanks for that info on your lights kolton, i changed my mind anyways... i drove a buddy's jeep and the blindspot was terrible. i traded my roof rack for a smaller one that fits and i like the shape of more. check out my thread in my sig, it shows the rack. its not on yet but... oh well lol

i like my sliders b/c of the tight fit, the work great for rocks and stumps.. only thing bad about those are if you turn against a tree short, it doesn't help all that much b/c of the shape of the body.

Last edited:

kolton

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I keep seeing the "step" idea where it has the main bar, an outer hoop, and connecting bars spaced between the two for support. Looks cool, but wouldn't that just cause more of a hasstle then help? I figure you would have to power over the rocks instead of sliding over them. Just my .02 on that, but correct me if I'm wrong please.

Jester- thanks, idk why that didn't come up when I used the search feature, but then again, I never go past the first page.

4.0- those things look freakin sweet, but I'm going to be really beating the crap out of them. So I'm not goin for anything too fancy.

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
my sliders took all of 4 hours to build.. the trick is to use a 90 degree elbow that is the same side as your pipe, and heat a short piece to match the 90 from the round bar to the square.

the original sliders (ones i copied), he made his curves out of two 180 degree's of the same size, just cut each one into the 2 angles he needed. im not sure any of that makes sense..........

but my b2 is my dd and i'm going for a nice clean build.. show ready- trail ready...

kolton

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Gotcha, wouldn't bee too hard to make. Got my redneck bender here at the appartment. But I'd still feel bad about beatin on things that look good. My Bii is way past the show ready side of life. Trail ready for sure though.

The Jester Race

OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987, 2009
Make / Model
Ford, BMW
Engine Size
2.9, 4.0
Transmission
Manual
I keep seeing the "step" idea where it has the main bar, an outer hoop, and connecting bars spaced between the two for support. Looks cool, but wouldn't that just cause more of a hasstle then help? I figure you would have to power over the rocks instead of sliding over them. Just my .02 on that, but correct me if I'm wrong please.

The idea of the "step" is to keep rocks, trees, and whatever else away from the body and caving in your doors and sides rather then just the bottom of the rocker panels. If they are angled up its the same principle of boat sides. Don't know if its any more of a hassle, I'v never been hung up by sliders. FWIW

-Jester

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
if mine was a dedicated rock rig... it'd have something like pic'ed above. the trail gear brand look a likes..

Shran

Junk Collector
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
The sliders I built for my Ranger are basically the same as what ThatGuy has - 2x4 rectangle tubing. I added 3/16" plate to the bottom so they should last a little longer. I just cut the rocker panel out and welded them to the body. I have dropped the truck pretty hard on them many times and haven't even hurt them yet.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals