• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

AllanD's Wheel fitment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
Taken from the old IPB forums......

Ok, There ARE early (1980-81) F-100's that had 5-on 4.5" bolt pattern wheels.

The '84-87 Lincoln continental (Before they switched to the taurus based FWD platform in the late 80's)
was like the '84-89 Lincoln Mk7 and LSC T-bird based, but used
the 5-on-4.5" bolt pattern.
there were several different styles of wheels including atleast three different 16x7" rims
the '84-86 SVO mustang used the same suspension and rear axles as the Continental/Mk7.

OTOH the '89-97 IRS T'bird/Cougar/Mark8 used a METRIC bolt pattern that is about 4.25". Coincidentially this pattern is the same as the Taurus/Sable/Windstar wheels (I have '90 cougar wheels on a windstar right now:)

EARLY mustangs, V8 cars as early as 1965 through 1974 used the familiar 5-on 4.5" bolt pattern, but with a smaller center hole.

The '67-70 Cougar was basically a mustang and used the same wheels.
One vehicle that has been missed is the early Dodge Dakota
BEFORE Dodge switched to six-lug wheels.

(gladiator4201)
I have an '83 Ranger that is being given to me by some friends of my fiancee..it needs work..but thats not whats bothering me. The Stock wheels and tires are WHIMPY...hell they are a half size larger than the tires on the fiancees Dodge Dynasty. I have searched this site and found the answer to my tire question, but the question thats still bugging me is this...............Will any of the mentioned rims fit my Ranger? ok so I have two or three................Is the 5x4.5 bolt pattern the same for all years of the Ranger (83-present)? And lastly..If the answer to the previous question is yes, then will the Wheels from a 4x4 fit my 2wd?
I just want it to look like a truck, not a Dynasty with a bed (lol). Thanks for the help in advance.

(Harry Rathien)
I have american racing wheels off a 97 jeep cherokee on my ranger.
the wider offset for the 4x4 gives my 4x2 a much better look and stance.

(l1mpb1zk1t)
wheels from a 5 lug maverick will fit 2wd rangers as well. Nice way got get a set of "old style" aluminum slots. -Harry

(chvlfrk)
http://www.sears.com/sr/automotive/wheels_...s&vertical=AUTO
Ok well im a little confused about this particular rim fitment i want to put on my truck its a 17x8 16 offset that sears sells whats confusing is one sears near me said this rim will not fit another out of state says i would have no problems it will fit. Now on the other hand i know somebody i met at a car show out of town with a 96 ranger and said they fit his with no spacer for the front needed no problems whats so ever direct bolt on is there a difference between my 98 ranger and his? I just want to get other opinions to clear things up so i can go and tell them people at sears they dont know nothing about what they sell. For the price of the wheels you can beat them.

(--unknown--)
Well guys, here's some FYI for ya,

I purchased these wheels off of Ebay:
http://i19.ebayimg.com/03/i/04/a7/ca/d9_1_b.JPG
They are off a Jeep Wrangler, I put them on my 94 Ranger XLT 2wd, they fit great on the rear....... BUT when I went to put the front ones on, the outside of the hub hole was too SMALL to go over the hub, I had to remove bout 3/16" of material to clear the hub & NO WAY to use the center cap.

They look good on the truck, I have 235/70's on front & 275/60's on the rear, but I'm gonna have to find some different centers for the front, or not use centers on the front & find some CHROME dust covers.
OH, BTW..........this 94 Ranger XLT is a V8 project, BUILT SB w/shift kitted Automatic, 8.8 Posi w/3.73's out of a 90 Explorer, Lakewood traction bars, I removed the saddle fuel tank, and installed a fuel tank out of a 89 Bronco II where the spare tire used to be. BEAST in the makin!!!
http://www2.propichosting.com/Images/421616176/15.JPG

compleckz

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
stock 15x7" steel wheels from my girlfriends 96 cherokee 4x4 fit fine on the rear, but the offset caused the rim to hit the caliper in the front of my 97 ranger 4x4.. the rim could not spin. oh and it fit over the hub perfectly fine.

i currently have some 15x8 aftermarket steel wheel from a jeep cherokee on my ranger, i believe the BS is 4". they fit fine, but the extra BS causes the 33's to rub on the radius arm more (need to adjust the stops)... even though these rims are .25" different than my 3.75" BS rims, they appear to suck into the truck A LOT more.. i currently have one 4" bs rim on the left rear, and one 3.75 on the right rear, the difference is quite noticeable, and i have to say the 3.75" BS rim looks much better.

Last edited:

Dusty_Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
i believe i have a set of 69 amc javelin magnum 500 rim that may have the 5-4.5 lug pattern ill have to explore the possibilities and get some pics on my findings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals