• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

93 explorer lift

bushmonkey

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0 2.8
Transmission
Automatic
hey guys im going to install a 3" body lift in my 93 explorer and i just wanted to see if someone can list off the parts i'll need besides the lift kit

Robert_1967

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988/1989
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302/2.9
Transmission
Automatic
if you buy the complete kit, it should have all the items that you need.

but DON"T cheap out and buy a cheap kit, get a good one, that will have the parts for the gear shift, and steering column, and little clip for the rear brake line.

then you will to make new brackets for the bumpers to raise them up.

Robert

bushmonkey

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0 2.8
Transmission
Automatic
thankz robert thats exactly what i wanted to hear.

here a link to a kit similar to the one im getting.

http://www.suspensionconnection.com/cgi-bin/suscon/793.html

does this include everything im going to need for install?

also im new to working on trucks/cars but i've worked on atvs and sleds for years and years so a simple body lift shouldnt come with to many problems should it?

Little X

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Yep, the PA lift has everything you need. It isn't too hard if your mechanically inclined. Be sure to hit all the bolts with PB Blaster several times before you begin. And do one side, then the other. I helped a friend do one once; as hard as I tried to convince him otherwise he still did all 10 bolts at the same time. It took 4 guys over half an hour to get the body aligned correctly on the frame again. . . I never did say, "I told you so".

mhughes165

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Yep, the PA lift has everything you need. It isn't too hard if your mechanically inclined. Be sure to hit all the bolts with PB Blaster several times before you begin. And do one side, then the other. I helped a friend do one once; as hard as I tried to convince him otherwise he still did all 10 bolts at the same time. It took 4 guys over half an hour to get the body aligned correctly on the frame again. . . I never did say, "I told you so".
yes, cannot stress the importance of putting the body on straight lol.....i have been there once myself long ago lol....

bushmonkey

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0 2.8
Transmission
Automatic
so im going to order the lift on monday from the local lordco. i was thinking about getting the 4" body lift kit so i can hopefully fit 33" tires on it but my brother (who thinks he is a mechanic.... but isn't lol) keeps telling me to go with a 2" lift because he says if i go any bigger i will have to rewire everything and redo the fuel/brake lines. and if thats the case im deffidently going with a 2". anyone out there willing to shed some insight on this?

Robert_1967

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988/1989
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302/2.9
Transmission
Automatic
you'll have to move the tab on the back brake line, BUT the kit should have all the items needed to this, you will have extend the gear shifter it comes through the floor, you might have to add some to the master cylinder brake lines on a 4", but not a 2", you will also have to extend the steering column rod.

Robert

jovibuilt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
You dont have to extend any brake ines with a 4".I have two explorers with 4" body lifts.I used the steering extender from a 3" lift for both of them and machined my own shifter ext.But you can get away with a shifter ext from a 3" if you want.I just had time and machines where I work to make my own.You will have to custom make your bumper brackets.I am building custom bumpers for mine.If you need any pictures let me know I will be working in the garage all day tomorrow.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals