• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

B-II/Exploder or B-II/Bronco

Read the main post then vote

• B-II/Exploder

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • B-II/F.S.Bronco

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I've been pondering what I'm going to do with some of my junk, and I haven't particularly liked the stock performance in the rbv vehicles I've owned, so I've come up with a plan for two [maybe four] of the many parts vehicles I've been collecting over the last year and a half....
1]
Take the lift from the red '85 b-II I recently acquired and stuff it into the tan rust-bucket '85 b-II that is currently running and insured. This will keep me a play toy until I've finished one of the two following;
2]
I'm going to combine the almost pristine body of the blue '85 b-II [it has an almost complete interior too]I have with the frame and running gear of a rolled, still running, 1991 Explorer. This should give me a good looking general purpose rig for driving around, gathering parts, camping and mall-crawling. I'm hoping it's slightly easier than my original idea of swapping all the axles and drive train over to the '85's frame. I haven't actually checked the frames as yet to see how close the body mounts are to each other but since I planned on raising the body I don't see any insurmountable problems anyway. If I can I'll center the b-II on the Ex's frame, which should be the same as moving the axles towards the bumpers 5" each [If I remember my frame lengths correctly]. Some of the things I'll have to think about are extending the steering shaft, moving the motor/trans/t.c. back the same as the body, shortening/lengthening drive-shafts, the wiring inside the cab.
or
3]
Combine a different, also good red '85 body [no interior] with the frame and running gear of a 1980 full size Bronco with a carbed 351/c-6/9". This would be built with mud bogs and trail running in mind, and a 460 would be put in eventually. Basically the same plan of attack as above but minus the computer wiring.

Both would have to be built with vehicle inspections and insurance in mind because no one can run trails in Alberta without plates and insurance.
Help me make up my mind,

Richard

84bluebronco2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I vote B2 and Explorer combo. It would be by far easier to move the Expo's parts into a B2. Use your running B2 as your parts runner. Put the 4.0, tranny, wiring, dash, steering column, and axles from the Expo into the B2, find two new drive shafts. Very capable offroader, with serious street crawling ability. I know the Expo into B2 isn't as unique, but I'm not sure if your going for a toy or something custom fabricated. Good luck and keep us posted!!

country0001

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford,Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Do the exploder, use the dash, 4.0 b2's rock

Bennybooster

EMT / Paramedic
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Do the bronco, cause I might be putting my ranger on a bronco frame

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I was out to the shop today doing clean up to make room for whatever swap I do and it hit me...FACEPALM! I forgot to drain the water [pure water] out of my race truck :bawling:. That made my mind up for me as I will probably need the 4.0 from the exploder to replace the 4.0 in my race truck with a cracked block! The race truck has been sitting outside since the race and has been at -20C to -35C for the last week. OOOPS! So it's the b-II body on the F.S.Bronco. I will be starting a new build thread,

Richard

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals