• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

90 B2 Body Mount repalcement

buzz88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
How bad a job is it to replace the body mounts on a 90 B2, I think there are about 6, 4 look good but the 2 up near the front wheels are rusted out?? Welding involved I assume, or maybe torching to get tehm off

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
There's like 10... Counting the radiator support

xkotyx

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
if its like my ranger, theres some rivets that will need grinding out. shouldnt have any welding unless you would prefer to, which would be a HUGE pain if it needed to be removed in the future.

id just bolt them on if it were me.

buzz88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
yeah I guess getting the rusted bolts off may be a problem, And yep the radiator supports are rotted to hell too, weird this B2 has been sitting for 10 years and it has rust in some areas and none in the others mostly surface rust but the common rust areas fenders inside the hatch, rockers are fine!! if it was kept inside it woulda been mint !!!!

unoleisu

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I've got a few I found that were rusted out, as well. (I just did a 2" body lift last week) Temporarily, I put some very large thick washers on each side of the mount, that spanned the rusted holes. That way I could drive the BII while I searched for new mounts to replace them. If all else fails, I'll probably weld plates over the tops and drill new holes. Any body know where to get replacements? JY obviously, but can we buy em' new somewhere?

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
they wouldn't be to hard to fab up i don't think? make some custom mounts that have a 2 inch body lift already integrated in? lol. i think i'm gonna use a thicker body bushing to gain me an inch of lift..

Nathan123

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 Litre
Transmission
Automatic
I used both methods when I replaced my mounts. Plate steel welded over the top of the rusted out bracket (did that on the front most mounts). IIRC i used a 1 1/8" hole saw to drill the bushing hole. Also fabbed up a mount out of 1/4" plate(prolly wouldnt have to be that thick). Just take measurements of the original. Get the bolt holes close, but they dont have to be perfect you have to clearance the frame holes anyway to get a 1/2" bolt to fit (use grade 8). When you fab the brackets, make sure you weld the steel corner to corner, not lap jointed, stronger weld. you can also make more than one pass.

grimmity

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.4 Triton
Transmission
Automatic
Did the JD 2 inch body lift myself. Since I got new hardware with it I cut the old body mounts off with a cutting wheel. Made it real easy. Messy.....but easy.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals