• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Thinking about a move to the tempe/mesa area

Dan O

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1978/2001
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
400 v8
Transmission
Automatic
Hello everyone. Im thinking about moving to az sometime soon. Im wanting to find out some info of the area. Cost of living,schooling,wheelin and so on.. Any info will help. I wish i had a wheelin bud their already to just call on the phone but i dont know anyone from az. thanks guys..

brother rat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Automatic
What's making you want to move to Az?
Personally, I think the whole Mesa/Gilbert/Tempe/Chandler area is great. Cheap to live, nice neighborhoods, decent folks. You have to deal with severe heat and bad drivers. People in Phoenix are terrible drivers.
Couldn't tell you about wheelin, but there is plenty of open desert. I've always wanted to hunt javelina out there.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8 v6
Transmission
Manual
There are plenty of wheeling out here I have been to a few of.them

Dan O

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1978/2001
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
400 v8
Transmission
Automatic
What's making you want to move to Az?
Im looking to move because of work. I work in the used car buiness (I fix inside of used cars like leather seats, cig burns and so on) Where im at now its BAD for what i do. Plus if i move to az i can work year round instead of taking a 50% cut in pay because the midwest weather (alot of snow and cold long winters) Ive never moved out of Des Moines,IA and maybe its time. The only thing thats holding me back is the HOT summers in az. But on the other hand im kinda used to 90 plus with 75% humity.. Thats dam hot to. The wheelin will be alot diffrent than whats around here.. We have alot of trails and alot of mud. I hate mud and their is not enough rocks around here. I had a place to stay when im down their but they backed out on me.. So who knows what will happen. Its a BIG move and my women is kinda not wanting to do it but she WILL follow me. :icon_cheers:

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8 v6
Transmission
Manual
well then git r dun i can show you how we wheel down here

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals