• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Transfer Case Swap

FeyordDriver

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Ok i have a 99 ford explorer 4.0 sohc, with 4auto, 4hi and 4lo. i want to get ride of the 4auto selection, for what i do it is a waste of technology. there are two things i am looking to find here one is how to change this from 4auto to 2wd and keep the 4 hi and low, by the re wireing trick, the other is, will it be possible to take a transfer case from a matching drivetrain ranger, and swap it. will i need to change hubs at all? or will thier be anything else i would need to change in the front drivetrain to make this work. im looking to do a clean factory looking install. i just cant stand the 4auto anymore, i miss having my 02 ranger 4X4 but i needed the extra space of a explorer. i know this has been done but im having a hard time comming up with the info i need to do so. if anyone had done this or has info sites on this, please direct them to me.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals