• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Traction King Plus

C_Root

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic

About a week ago, I purchased a set of Traction King Plus all terrains. They are a fairly aggressive all terrain, decent lugs, with a good traction patch in the middle. 10 ply with what I have been told is a very high wear rating. I went with a 235/85R16, trying to maintain the idea of high pressure on the contact patch. I promptly decided to get some mud on the tires (shameless brad paisley punn) and they did fantastic. I didn't go mud bogging, because really, a stock ranger with 32 x 9.5's is not really a mud machine. But I went everywhere i normally go with absolute ease. They held on really well on the dirt road, with a little rally action and what not. On road they are not terribly loud, only a slight increase in road noise over my old Wrangler Silent Armour tires. One thing i did notice is that they are not over confident in corners. All though I am 90 % sure that this is to do with the tall and skinny profile of the tires. Oh, and these are also a snowflake rated tire. I am very happy with them and might report back in a couple months with some wear / snow ratings. Overall 9 out 10 for an all terrain.

Croot

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger
Transmission
Automatic
HEY Do have any new pictures on how the tires are holding out ?? I just got Some aswell and there studded Not much siping on them so I sprayed them down with soapy water and made 3 , 1/8" deep cuts per lug on the 2 inner rows for even more ice traction. I hope I did the right thing and they are not to mushy I am going to use them as drive tires and I have 2 new bfg comercial traction going up front Cant wait for snow 235 85 16 . Please post more pix if you have them. btw 265 75 16s fit with a small tt and you can gain 1" with monroe max air rear shocks. :icon_welder: :icon_cheers:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals