• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

88 ranger 4x4 build

slow96gt

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Im new here so i decided to do a build thread on my truck, for starters i love this site ive been coming here for years but finally decided to sign up so thanks everyone,
My truck is a 88 ranger extended cab 4x4 2.9 auto with 87000 miles i bought it while i was in iraq for a project when i got home, one of my friends who does repo work emailed me said he found me a ranger and i had to send him 500 i was like ok lol so i bought it with out ever looking at the truck. he sent me a few pictures and i was in love. so right away i started to order parts, 4 inch rough country suspension lift and a 3 inch preformance acc body lift, went ahead and ordered procomp extended braided brake lines and for some stopping power some drilled and slotted rotors, for looks it has 10k hids with halo head lights micky tompson wheels, no tires yet but gonna run 33s, vht tail lights and clear marker lights. for audio it was 2 power acoustik p 3 twelves and a bamf 4000 class d amp with a yellow top battery. and a cheap set of sunpro gauges to look after everything, next plans are a dana 35 and a 8.8 but in the next couple of days gonna start the cage build (flipped the rest of my rangers lol) but this is were im at right now so enjoy

the pics i was sent when i first bought it

slow96gt

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
hids and body lift

audio before installed

suspension lift and rotors and brake lines

177CIOfPureLove

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Manual
This looks like an awesome build! I am very jealous of your opening rear windows, blue interior, and all that lift. Lol. I cant wait to see more!

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
it is easier to fix and understand than "her"
damn...what i would do to find a deal like that.

excellent job so far

slow96gt

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
thanks guys its been fun and all but also alot of cussing and late nights and still no were close to be finished

jhammel85

I think I already posted this in your intro post but You've gotta good looking truck. I love the lift...in fact, in the pics of the shocks, It made me jealous of the stock Motorcraft shocks I put on today on my stock suspension. Damn...I should really lift...

Keep up the good work!

slow96gt

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
thanks man my suspension lift was only like $440 and the body was like $150 brake lines were another 100ish so not to bad, ive been reading up on making extended radius arms so that should be next and i took the front sway bar off lol

slow96gt

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
also j hammel i like your truck alot your body looks pretty straight i still have a big dent in the passenger door from when i bought it i like yours alot

DOPIESLC

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Hey what kind of HID's and headlight conversion's did you use?

DOPIESLC

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Also how long have you had that rough country lift before you put it on? I bought mine 2 months ago and its all black with silver springs. Kinda weird.

jhammel85

also j hammel i like your truck alot your body looks pretty straight i still have a big dent in the passenger door from when i bought it i like yours alot
Thanks man I appreciate it! No one's perfect though...The back fenders are cracked because the previous owners put on bondo like peanut butter..Plus I doubt they know what they were doing!

How bad was the body lift? I went to take off my bed recently and a bunch of bolts broke...I'm worried about getting a body lift and having issues with those bolts. Good thing I have access to heat and plenty of Kroil!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals