• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

check out the makeover on my free wheels

sluginxlt

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
well i ended up sandblasting them, took the rivets out and tapped the holes and put brass bolts in "freebies from work", then scotch brighted them, and then steal wool...... they look awsome, still godda finish the others and clear them but i got them all blasted and tapped, i thought i was gonna have to end up painting them but after a little palying with them and ALOT of elbow grease i think there better than new especially with the new bolts.... BEFORE

AFTER

Ranger44

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
Dang! That's a big differemce. Are they steel? If so I'd be concerned with them rusting. You may want to spray some sort of clear coat on them or paint em.

sluginxlt

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
there aluminum, still got to clear them

odie1969

Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0l sohc
Transmission
Automatic
I have wheels like that but I never noticed if those rivets hold anything.. and did you drill the rivets out? any how they look really good nice job. :icon_thumby:

metalmacguyver

Yeah, I built that.
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997, 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 7.3
Transmission
Manual
wow those look really good. i wanna see some pics with some nice fresh rubber on your truck.

kunar

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.8l
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
they look good, i like the accent from the brass hardware. i had thought about using stainless hardware on my aluminum wheels. its the older '20 bolt' style with the plastic cap screws that dont do anything...

sluginxlt

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
didnt have to drill the rivets at all just hit them out with a punch and came out really easy, then i just tapped them and was thinken about gettin grade 8 bolts but would be really expensive and then i thought id use the brass drain plugs we use for oil coolers at work and we stock them by the thousands....... so i have not one dime into these wheels

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals