• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

dual dvd deck help

WTCBST

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
ok so i just got this dual dvd player/deck it has a yellow and green wire in the back that says it needs to be hooked up to the parking break so you cant watch dvds while driving...im fine with this but i hooked up all the wires and theres nothing left for it to hookup to were do i run that yellow and green wire?

Black'03LevelII

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC
Transmission
Manual
you need to hook that wire to the parking brake switch. splice in a longer wire and run it over to the parking brake then figure out which side of the switch is hot and which has no power when the brake is released. hook the wire to the cold side of the switch (no power when released) and it will function properly. I know a bunch of people that don't bother and just hook it right to a constant power, but htat isn't safe and I don't recomend it.

WTCBST

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
you need to hook that wire to the parking brake switch. splice in a longer wire and run it over to the parking brake then figure out which side of the switch is hot and which has no power when the brake is released. hook the wire to the cold side of the switch (no power when released) and it will function properly. I know a bunch of people that don't bother and just hook it right to a constant power, but htat isn't safe and I don't recomend it.
thanks for your help

the model is xdvd8183

4LO 4.O

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I had the same problem with my in dash DVD, all you have to do is ground the brake wire.
I grounded mine to the DVD chassis it self.

michowski

Reaction score
Mine is hooked up properly but I also added some hidden switches in there. That way if I ever got pulled over and they checked to see my radio was hooked up right I just flip a switch and its legal.

4LO 4.O

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Mine is hooked up properly but I also added some hidden switches in there. That way if I ever got pulled over and they checked to see my radio was hooked up right I just flip a switch and its legal.
What would the police need to check your radio for?

michowski

Reaction score
Its illegal to have your screen open and turned on while the vehicle is in motion. If they see that they have the right to check your radio and see how it operates. They wont tear the wiring apart but they will test the features to see if its hooked up properly. I know a few people who got tickets for having a movie playing or something while driving.

WTCBST

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
yeah i grounded it and it works now...i tried connecting it to the e brake wire but it didnt even work. oh well works good now.

michowski

Reaction score
Hows the dual workin for ya? I went through 2 of those in like 2 weeks. Cheapest radio's ive ever seen. Screen pixels dead on one and the other had the loudest gears for opening and closing the screen. Had a horrible experience with em. Is yours holding up?

nidf88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
most 2007 and up dual (namsung) dvd players need a switched ground for the parking brake wire. they have a weird timed switch sequence to engage the video output. namsung is the same company as audiovox, jensen, audiophase, and terk. they all suck. did you get the extended warranty?

irishblessing

get back to me on how that dual works i was thinking about buying the exact model

cappin90

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1998, 1993
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 460
Transmission
Automatic
all i have to say is good luck with it man Jensen and dual are known for dieing and taking any amps wired to it with it.

irishblessing

i ended up buying a pioneer AVH p4000 will i have the same problem?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals