• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Bodylift questions....

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
I'm in the process of finishing up the bodylift on my choptop. I went with a 2" kit from James Duff.

I have the bodylift on with the exception of two that I need to weld a patch on the bracket, and I started looking at how it changed everything else, which resulted in some questions...

The upper radiator hose is wedged tight up against the intake tube, which is torquing on my airbox pretty good. Is this going to be a problem and if it is, how should I resolve it?

It has an FM-146 trans. I did get a shifter extension, but do I really need to use it? The directions say to put it on and that I need to trim some stuff so it will shift right but it seems to go in all gears just fine.

I have a steering extension that came with it. How necessary is it to put this on? To me it looks like it's not really needed, but....

Does it really matter which way the front bolts go (the ones through the core support)? Stock has them going up from the bottom instead of down from the top, but I don't see how it makes a difference?

Any other tips that you want to share before I do the final tightening?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals