• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Coil spring swaping??

bullitt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I'm doin a little maintence to my ranger, stuff i put off too long. But i'm also slipping an extra leaf or two in the rear to stiffin it up a little. But i get to thinking about the front end, that maybe i'd like to get just a little bigger springs to help level it out. Are stock 4wd ranger coil springs ( 89-92) taller than the 2wd ones? And would springs off a newer ranger say 95-99 or whatever work too?

bluovaldude

Reaction score
I would imagine the springs off a newer Ranger would work as long as the diameter are similar and they seat properly in the coil pockets.

As for 4x4 being taller, yes a little, but maybe not enough to show a major difference, however they will be a little stiffer.

However if you are wanting to lift it a bit I have heard of using f-150 coils to net you some lift.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals