• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2006 b2300

Pepere

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Hello, I am new to this site so my questions might not be in the right place but here goes.
I have always found the suspension very stiff on my little truck so what is the best way to soften it up? Some kind of lowering kit maybe? I will consider different options. I have access to certain resources such as a hoist, welder etc..

The next question I have is about performance. How do I improve performance and gas mileage which really sucks in the winter or at any speed above 100KHR. I see lots of info on chips etc. Do these chips really work and is there a better or worse one. I am actually considering an engine swap but I do not really want to go that route. Too much work and too high a cost.

Next, the seats, what is considered the easiest swap from a split bench to buckets.

Finally, has anyone ever added a switch for the dome light on the driver's door. I think it is kind of stupid to have one on the passenger side but none on the driver side and no warning buzzer if you leave your lights on or key in the ignition.

These are all little issues I have lived with since I bought this truck new in 2006. Dealer service really sucked in my case. I had a vibration for 3 years that the dealer said did not exist. Once out of warranty, my son who is a licensed mechanic looked at it and in 5 minutes had it fixed (adjusted front wheel bearings). I should have asked him before.

Thanks
P.

koda6966

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
What sort of gas mileage are we looking at?

Pepere

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
What sort of gas mileage are we looking at?
Well if I am really careful in the summer I will get in the vicinity of 30 ish mpg (imperial Gallons). In the winter it will easily drop to 20 to 23 mpg(imperial).
This is driving 90 to 100khr on the highway, and about 20 km of in town driving for a round trip of 84 KM. The dealer showed me a print out of 34mpg but the truck was idling on the hoist in the shop in gear. How stupid is that?
P.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals