• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

sheetmetal swapping?

pud

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Im coming from the fullsize world, where I know any sheetmetal from 80-96/7 will swap out.
Im just curious what parts will go in place of others from 83-97 including explorers. Ideally I want to put a 91-94 explorer front clip on a 95 ranger cab I found that has a stepside box to go with it and put it all on a 4wd TTB frame.

bluovaldude

Reaction score
So you are wanting to use a 95 cab, and the box style front end... Is that right ?

Because if you go that route, you can get yourself a 83-97 frame, 4x4 of course, out of Ranger and use the core support and front end out of the 89-94 Ranger which will be the same style as the 92-92 exploders.

pud

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
yeah, 1st gen explorers dont have that body line like the early rangers do. Ill explain myself...
i dont like the rounded front end on rangers/RBV, I like the box style better.
I like the interior on the newer rangers, somewhere around 95

I found a 93 or 94 ranger (built 07/93) sitting in a junkyard. Its got the 1990 style interior and the newer round style body. Its a reg cab shortbox stepside 2wd 3.0L. Id like to swap the front clip out to the 1st gen explorer and make it 4wd if possible.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals