• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

B3000 Questions

GRIMM

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
B3000 SE
Transmission
Automatic
Alright well first of all I'd really like to say that these forums are awesome and I've already made some good use of the search button haha:icon_thumby:

I currently own a 96 Red b3000 SE extended cab and must say i love it ... we are the original owners of the vehicle and has given many services with traveling all over the country and back many times.

As for now its traveling days are over and I'd like to use it for my light offroading vehicle... I'm on a budget and and im going to be installing a 3 inch body lift but what is the biggest tire to get without having to change the gears? I'd really like to spruce it up the body is rough so im going to be putting it through some changes as well. Any advice with this model and offroading or installing lifts kits or anything of this nature would be oh so helpful!

Another thing is im having a problem when i push the gas sometimes as its shifting automatically there is a part where im pushing and it seems like no gas is getting to it then 1-2 seconds later there is a jolt and it goes back to normal. RPMS spike as well.

My gas gauge no longer works , the shop says its going to take 400 to fix it ... is there a cheaper way maybe? is not the entire fuel pump cause the gas has worked fine for the past year or so just he gauge has been out. Maybe there is an easy fix i dont know about?

GRIMM

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
B3000 SE
Transmission
Automatic
Alright , purchased the kit still need help haha! =P :icon_welder:

Earl43P

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford F250 4WD
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Well, first remove the bed.
You'll need T55 bits and a breaker bar.
If you're lucky, you can ratchet some but you'll probably need a cheater bar.
Then take the fuel nozzle screws out and disconnect the taillights. Disconnect is in the middle of the back of the bed, behind the bumper.
Prop the front of the bed up or remove it with a buddy.

Clean the ring around the top of the tank, before you screw it off.

Make sure you clean up the connector, maybe give the contacts a squeeze and apply a gob of new dielectric grease.

You're gambling if you don't replace the fuel pump while you have it apart. Hoping it is part of your kit? If you are talking about a lift kit, the body bolts will need a breaker bar too. Doing that job alone is gonna suck.

GRIMM

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
B3000 SE
Transmission
Automatic
I'm doing a 3 inch body lift and wondering what the biggest tire I can put on there without having to change the gears.

GRIMM

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
B3000 SE
Transmission
Automatic
Alright i decided to go with 31s ... trying to decide whether i should use this weeks paycheck for concert tickets orrrr... lift kit =)

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals