• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

94 DD/trail build -lots of pics

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
my 94 ext cab 4x4 ranger, rust free besides front fender, all floors and rockers are good and solid

3.0 engine
auto trans
electric tcase/hubs
d35 and 7.5 with 10" brakes

when i got her i put in a set of roll bars i had kicking around

wheres that damn trail..

here it is

then flexed her a bit

scrapped the carpet and bedlined it(no pics of bedliner yet)

body lift

painted the flares

put in the roll bars again

probably later this week ill be putting on manual hubs and a custom bumper i have here that was made for a jeep

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
ok hopefully today im gonna bring up my bumper and try to mount it on somehow. also i might start taking the manual hubs off my uncles parts truck to

Grey_04

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
looking good so far boggin, what other plans do you have lurking around on the back burner?

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
well my buddy fx2prerunner picked up a set of 33x13.50 swampers on rims for me(they were closer to him) and my brother knows somebody who might be able to make me some drop brackets so along with those ill be getting jeep coils, ill fab up a extended shock mount, some extended radius arms, chevys 63s and belltechs
heres a pic of the tires on jons truck (fx2prerunner) he got jealous so he bolted em up on his truck haha

Grey_04

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
lol boggin why don't u just swap frames out with fx2prerunner the tires are already mounted with the lift.roflmao

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
hahah. me and him are tlaking about something now tho, im not sure if he wants the word out about it yet but ill let you guys know soon lol

Grey_04

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
hope things work out for u ..

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
thanks, me too

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
also i got a set of stock 79 bronco front coils i might rig up the rear of her, with some kinda 3link and trac bar of some sort. those coils are 3" wide and are plenty of stiff. espically to hold up a 6000lb rig with the big block and all

feellnfroggy

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Lookin good, glad you decided to hang on to it. Im gonna be pissed if you finish a build before me, ive my truck a year and your had 9 trucks lol. On the other hand Ill be mildy proud if you finish something at all lol.

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
seriously, is a project ever finished? lol

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
just posted a wanted add on my local classifieds for chevy leafs. i hope i can find a set to put in her with some belltechs and 4" jeep coils front and extended rad arms and skyjacker brackets. then she should flex like hell

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
was just up at my ranger for my bit(shes at my pops) and i put in a grill from my uncles parts truck so now she got a good solid grille in her lol and i took out the roll bars and pan liner again because i gotta fix the bolts on the pan

im thinking of doing a d30 sas on the ranger instead of finding another d35 diff, id really like straight axle. i think with jeep coils, custom rad arms and trac bar/trac bar mounts it shouldnt be too bad. the only thing i wouldnt look forward to is the steering. anybody know which axles would be the best to use? theres a couple older cherokees around here, are they any good? i dont want one with the CAD and i dont wanna have to fab somethin up to eliminate the cad i want an axle factory without it
thanks

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
ok i thought/read about d30 swap, **** that

i have a fullsize d44 here that i was keeping for a spare for my 79.. but im gonna narrow that one 6" and build to put under my ranger someday :D

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals