• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Hi folks, Newbie here

IcecreamLtDan

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Hi folks, another newbie with a Ford Ranger here. I bought this baby brand new in May of 1988, and have had her ever since. She's an XLT ext. cab with the 2.9L FI V6 and auto. At this point she has right around 340,000 miles and has never given me any real trouble. I've had to replace the radiator, fuel pump, water pump, a few wires and switches, but nothing major.

It no longer is my primary vehicle, as such I've decided to try to fix her back up. I'm starting with the interior, the drivers seat is in pretty bad shape, and there are some little issues here and there. I posted a thread in the classified forums looking for a particular part, namely the hooks for the retractable cover behind the seats if anyone knows where I can get some. I need to replace the head liner and I'll probably get a dash pad, the passengers door arm rest isn't so hot either. The area around the ash tray is in pretty bad shape too, the ash tray itself and the trim around it are warped from where I used to smoke.

Anyway, I hope to be able to pick some things up to fix her up and share whatever info I may have with you folks. Here's a pic of her.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals