• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Motor swap In the works

TRX501RYAN

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Motor swap In the works/ 347 Stroker Build

Well, i've been really scratching my head lately on puting a V8 5,0 in my 95 ranger.... been loking all over for a motor to start with and work from there... Well, it looks like i am no longer going the 302/5.0 route....

I was on craiglist looking, and well... i found a Eagle stroker kit and block with heads for a sweet deal, 800 for all of it, the stroker kit alone was worth 900 new, and is still brand new in the box, block is already magnafluxed, rough bored, needs the pistons brought in, with the block and crank to get the final machining done for tolerances, but long story Short, were looking at a 347 Stroker in the works here... in a little ole Ranger, should be pretty wild when it is done... lol... in time,

heres some pictures...

To start... since everyone else is doing it, i had to do a quick money shot lol...

Well ill keep you posted as i build it, im sure it wil be a slow process... im planning to have it done by the spring i hope!

Last edited:

dangerranger83

5.0 HO under the hood!!!
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 HO carbed with an np435 and np208
Transmission
Manual
I love new parts coming out the box, like Christmas no matter what time of year it is.

Have to say nice find, I'll be watching this.

TRX501RYAN

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Yea its like a self funded christmas lol... its pretty exciting... well see how she goes!

FrankBoss

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Lucky! thats was a good deal...

FrankBoss

TRX501RYAN

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I was searching craiglist as well as kijiji for a couple months keeping an eye open, lol... finaly found a deal i liked!

TRX501RYAN

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Well, i picked up some parts tonight got a decent deal i think, not sure how much use the super coil and msd igntion will be but i got a set of redone GT40 heads with dual valve springs, and crane 1.6 roller rockers tonight as well as BBK underdrives, prices seemed alright, slowly getting there!

-Nathan-

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1993 / 2001
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
HO 5.0 / 7.3 PSD
Transmission
Manual
Those heads will work...but will be EXTREMELY restrictive for that engine. They will be the limiting factor in the power you'll make. If it were a built 302 they would be fine, but not for a 347 stroker. Porting the hell out of them will help, but they just wont breath enough for what that stroker will want. A set of AFR's would be much better suited to that motor.

TRX501RYAN

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I looked at AFR's and i wanted/want them but its alot of cash for my budget, just cant swing it im afraid! well i may, but the will delay the project more, im sure it will be plentiful as it is, and then down the line, if i feel the urge ill pony up and go for the AFR heads lol... well see!

TRX501RYAN

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Well i got another bundle of parts in, the thing is slowly coming together. picked up the following parts:

Mustang engine harness and computer with injector harness
24lb/hr injectors with fuel rails.
BBK 70mm Throttle body with Egr spacer
C&L 73 MM MAF
Distributor and coil
Cold Air Intake
And a Trick Flow Upper lower Street Heat intake

The parts all need a really good once over, and clean up but other then that ui got a good deal so im not too worried, im gonna refinish the intake a different colour, not sure yet tho,

TRX501RYAN

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Well. i opted to retire the stock open 7.5 rear at the same time i retire the 331 000 KM 3.0(207 000 ISH Miles) and replace it with this rear end, ford explo 8.8 with disc's, it currently has 3.73 posi, but i will be having 4.10 gears replacing those to match the front, also thinking about going to a 35 or 37'' tire in the process... most likely gonna scoop up the M5O2-R2 F-150 trans as well for the price i can get it... now i just need to sell the explo leafs. as there is already a set on the truck , lol.. the parts keep flowing in slowly, i wanna get the engine done fairly soon, however... as always a work in progress!

Here;s the axle, needs a little fad and tlc, and she will be ready to rock!

Flash Gordan

Savior of the Universe!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Damn. Some people have all the deals. How about instead of dropping that 347 into your truck we drop it into my 79 mustang notch?

TRX501RYAN

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Damn. Some people have all the deals. How about instead of dropping that 347 into your truck we drop it into my 79 mustang notch?
How about..... i keep the 347... and you give me the notch to put it in... and ill put my other 5.0 in the ranger....

I'm always willing to compromise, LOL

TRX501RYAN

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Well... got the distributor taken care of... MSD Pro Billet Ign... pics arnt great, but this thing looks killer!

Slowly but surely picking away at the parts list!

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
it is easier to fix and understand than "her"
Those heads will work...but will be EXTREMELY restrictive for that engine. They will be the limiting factor in the power you'll make. If it were a built 302 they would be fine, but not for a 347 stroker. Porting the hell out of them will help, but they just wont breath enough for what that stroker will want. A set of AFR's would be much better suited to that motor.

while this is true....with the intake, that sumbitch will make some serious happy face power regardless.

TRX501RYAN

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
it should make loads of tq with the 40's i can get a set of Dart sr's heads with 2.02 valves and 1.80 intakes... but not sure if those are good heads or not?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals