• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Wiper Wiring

nparcel

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
99 Mazda B2500 Manual

I had an issue with a fire a few years back, and to make a long story short, quite a few wires were charred in the process. I managed to get everything back in working order, but I am still having issues with wipers.

If the fuse for the wipers is in, the wipers will run constantly, this means my fuse is the on/off switch. While the fuse is in and the wipers are running, I can turn the wiper controls and the washer fluid will spray. When I first discovered this problem it was quite a comical event, but now it is less fun when a downpour starts on the freeway and I have to stop the truck just to turnthe wipers on.

I was wondering if anybody knew the wire colors that control the wipers on both sides of the GEM. I am guessing it must be a couple wires mismatched that is causing the problem, so if I knew which color wires to look for it might narrow down the search.

srteach

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1999, 2001
Make / Model
Ranger, F350
Engine Size
4.0L, 7.3 Diesel
Transmission
Manual
mismatched wires? or a short circuit? More likely a short circuit (wires melted together)

ZackW

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Manual
In the meantime, instead of using a fuse as your switch, you could just go buy a cheap toggle switch and plug the wires directly into the fusebox in place of the fuse. Sure it might cause a problem if there was a short, but if you're not blowing the fuse, it should be fine until you can fix it the right way.

gwaii

2010 OTOTY Winner
OTOTM Winner
2010 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
from the wiper run relay there should be a yellow/white wire to the stop/run control in the gem.off the same relay there is a black wire for the park sense in the gem.the hi-lo relay has a grey/light blue wire to the speed control in the gem,and the washer relay has a tan/red wire to the washer pump control in the gem.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals