• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

any r/c truck builders/bashers?

envious8420

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i like to build scale r/c's.
this one is sixth scale.
i ve been working on this one for about a year or so.
chassis and cage are all steel

kunar

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.8l
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
wow, 1/6 is pretty big. looks like it must be electric? where did you get your axles? i have an rc10gt (nitro) that i beat around in the back yard. i'm too abusive to build something as nice as yours

fordman49450

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I love to build and race Nitro RC trucks and cars, I do all the custom work myself including the powder coating. here are a "few" of them. www.dskellogg.com/nitrorc.html I have probably a dozen or so that I have done, I do custom work for others too, and ALOT of powder coating for others.

milje

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
wow, 1/6 is pretty big. looks like it must be electric? where did you get your axles? i have an rc10gt (nitro) that i beat around in the back yard. i'm too abusive to build something as nice as yours
The tires look like they're off a Nylint (the ones sold at Walmart for a while). I had a 1/18 scale one, saw a 1/6 once but never looked at it too close, so I don't know if it is one or not. It looks a lot more heavy duty than one though.

Last edited:

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Looks great to me. If it weren't got the grass that first pic would have almost looked like a full size (or oversized, which ever you prefer) Jeep. Building R/C planes would have been my choice, but never could justify spending the money on it. I knew I'd be spending a lot learning how to land the things, and that it wouldn't take me long to loose interest.

:threadjacked:

...I do all the custom work myself including the powder coating. ...and ALOT of powder coating for others.
What do you use for a cure oven? I picked up a gun on sale a while back so I could do some for myself but the outlet I was going to use can't provide the power for the oven I was going to use. To make it work I'd have to run all new power wire from the house out to the shop which isn't an option right now. I'm looking for other options for a cure oven or I'll probably have to build one to work off of a standard 110 wall outlet.

:threadjacked:

philzilla

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Almost 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Yea, i bash everyonce in a while: ive got a XTM mammoth with an upgrated 457 pro 6 port engine
(pictures soon...photobucket down atm)

Last edited:

Natedog

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Yes, modified Savage basher/jumper, but mainly I'm an RC Crawler. My Micro-T is a blast in the driveway too! Need a new chassis for my HPI Wheely King 4x4 crawler build. Built a pretty good TLT crawler that is my main crawler.

My TLT based crawler, wow need to get some current pics with my narrowed and drilled out wheels, lowered body, etc. A quick test pic:

calypso93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
4L
Transmission
Automatic
I know it's bush league compared to you guys but, I have a couple that I used to exercise my dog. Nothing fancy. I have modified them by using batteries from cordless tools, just to get more time on the tennis court. I do have the dog trained to roll them upright after she attacks them.

dogboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'93
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I have a bunch of R/C trucks. I have an E-Maxx, a complete Stampede, but it is in Pieces (both Traxxas) and a RC10T2 stadium truck. I have a few Xmods as well. Don't drive any of them much.

One of the Xmods I turned into a project. Hope this link is ok, and not forbiden in any way. http://www.microrccenter.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=37594&hl=

That has been my project since about this time last year. Only have the front supesion and steering left to do. I probably won't finish it for a while though, I racked my brain enough just getting that far. That is 1/24 scale too. May not look pretty underneath, but it will be a capable R/C, thats all that matters.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals