• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Ranger Winch Bumpers

JFA_Spyderman

Law Enforcement
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Yo,
I just found a guy over on Pirate4x4 who is fabbing winch bumpers for gen 2, 3, and if you do some modding gen 4/5. I ordered one from him and when it arrives ill post some pics. Just thought I would throw this out there for anyone who might be interested.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=852643

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
Yo,
I just found a guy over on Pirate4x4 who is fabbing winch bumpers for gen 2, 3, and if you do some modding gen 4/5. I ordered one from him and when it arrives ill post some pics. Just thought I would throw this out there for anyone who might be interested.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=852643

I thought he could not do the 99 and up models due to the frames being different. I saw his stuff some time back and he was only doing the pre-98 model Rangers. The last time I saw his post he was wanting to look at the 99-04 Rangers to see how to mount a bumber with out haveing the owner cut and weld some supports. We want a tru bolt on bumper!! Is he giving you a bolt on bumber of are you having to cut a section out of the front of the frame?? I would not mind getting one from him if it was a bolt on bumper.

Nater

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
I was looking at these too....I wonder if he would be willing to ship overseas....

feellnfroggy

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
He just said in the OP that GEN 4/5 requires some modding.

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
He just said in the OP that GEN 4/5 requires some modding.

Like I said...I am not doing any cutting on my frame. If is is not a direct bolt on, it ain't for me.....

railman

December 2011 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Like I said...I am not doing any cutting on my frame. If is is not a direct bolt on, it ain't for me.....
that doesn't mean you can't mod the bumper to fit your frame either....

l8r, John

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
that doesn't mean you can't mod the bumper to fit your frame either....

l8r, John
Yea, unfortunately when you have a suspension lift and a bl nothing is bolt on!!!! Nobody seems to have anything that works as a REAL bolt on item, you know??? It seems that so many people out there that want something for our trucks just can't get them. We have to take the truck somewhere and leave it or you have to make it yourself or buy a welder just to make one item.

If I had welding equipment I would be making things for people with either no bl or with a bl and make the bumper a direct bolt on with no mods needed. It is a lot of work for one person, but if the guy has the right shop and the right help he could build things per order for people who can't weld.

Well...I can weld I just don't need to go out and buy the stuff and get the correct bending and fab equipment. I would not be allowed to work out of the garage and I would have to rent a stall someplace and that is just way too much to get involved for me to build one bumper!!!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals