• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

95 B2300 motor R&R question

auto117584

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Okay, I've got the old one OUT, and the "new" one IN, except that I have one more inch to go. It's on the motor mounts, the nuts are on loosely, there's a gap of 1" between the engine and transmission. How do I get it to move that last inch? I've got the transmission jacked up so that the gap is the same all around. I imagine the splines on the input shaft are already started, because they're longer than one inch. Is it just a matter of muscle or a long pry bar? Where, how? Thanks.:icon_confused:

martin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
If you have a one inch gap it is probably not in the spliines yet. Assuming you centered the clutch disk when you put it in all you need to do is jiggle it and push at the sam time, perhaps put it in gear and rotate the shaft a little. They can sometimes be a pig to line up.

auto117584

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
center the clutch?

I didn't do anything to the clutch. put the engine in, lowered it as is into the truck. i figured it would be centered when they took it out of the wreck.

some rotation of the tranny might be necessary? or i can rotate the engine a bit. it turns easily (all the plugs are out). maybe that will do it?

ok i'll give it a shot after i finish this cup of coffee:icon_thumby: tnks

auto117584

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
remove motor mount nuts

ok, I tried again, no dice. the engine and trans don't line up. the engine needs to be torqued, the top toward the passenger side, so that the dowels and holes line up. I've got to remove the top nuts that hold the engine brackets to the motor mounts. they are preventing it from lining up - the engine won't torque with that driver side nut holding that side down. maybe i'll just remove or loosen that one nut and try again. :nopityA: gee, a helper would be nice

somebody to play the violin

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals