• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Cool RC

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
those scalers are sweet, just too expensive for my taste, i could almost put brand new tires on my b2 for what some of them cost. hope he washed it after driving it in the saltwater

dp88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
That was actually decent camera work.

gribly

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Honda
Engine Size
K20A3
Transmission
Manual
The Hi-Lux is a cool chassis, but lacks a lot of performance and durability. The Axial SCX10 chassis is just as scale but more durable and a lot more driveable. I've got one that is all waterproofed and it's incredible to drive around.

daniel3507

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
The Hi-Lux is a cool chassis, but lacks a lot of performance and durability. The Axial SCX10 chassis is just as scale but more durable and a lot more driveable. I've got one that is all waterproofed and it's incredible to drive around.
Thats the one ive been wanting for awhile now. Just dont have the cash to spare.

gribly

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Honda
Engine Size
K20A3
Transmission
Manual
Thats the one ive been wanting for awhile now. Just dont have the cash to spare.
The SCX-10 TR with the body of your choice ( I got the gray Bronco/Landrover one with headlights) and a Traxxas XL-5 waterproof controller is the way to go. The stock motor controller has a horrible power curve to it, it's impossible to control when crawling. I moved my battery to the front (instructions and parts included in kit) and I love the setup. My next mods are swamper bogger replica tires and I bought a lightbar, leds, wiring, and some scale accessories like a hi-lift jack. I just haven't put any of that on yet. The other thing I did was relocate the factory light wiring, body lift, and add a bunch of pre-load to the front suspension.

I'll get pictures up tomorrow when the light is good.

spdcrazy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
mostly 86
Make / Model
B2
Engine Size
2.9 bored and cammed
Transmission
Manual
first time my buddy and i watched that we thought it was real until it rolled down the hill. lol.

RUTH

September 2010 OTOTM
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
heres a couple of mine.. :) jeep is a full custom build with way to many hrs into it.. the toyota, same but more money than time..

gribly

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Honda
Engine Size
K20A3
Transmission
Manual
Nice rigs RUTH! I love that 'yota. The chassis looks suspiciously familiar, too! Are you not running springs or are they inside the shock body?

RUTH

September 2010 OTOTM
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Yeah that was a trial period, had the springs inside...but kno0w ive reworked it, got them back outside.

Ranger Kip

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Fleet
Engine Size
3.slow
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Confused and Intolerant
I was gonna start on building one today, just need to find some old hangers and some solder to make a cage to construct it onto. Gonna use cardboard, glue, clay, and wire.

Only thing is, what do I want to make? I was thinking a ranger, I got the reference in my back yard, haha, but how should I make it? bed and cab seperate? or 1 piece?

Jenny

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Hi Ranger,
I watch the full video... this Hi lux give good performed but it is toy? which is keep kids. can this performance will play the original Hi lux?....

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals