• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Heater Box

YZFRydn

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Sorry, not quite sure if that is the proper terminology, I am referring to the plastic case that holds the heater core. To get to the point, I bought a 95' Ford Ranger Super Cab, it already had a long travel suspension up front and I got a smoking deal knowing the heater didn't work. I never knew why it didn't until just last night when I decided to take a closer look, the guy cut half of the box off that has the heater core because the suspension would have gone about an inch or two into the original box.

My three questions are, what is the correct term for the entire part, is there any way for me to make some changes to a new heater box to make it work, and any idea how much it might cost? I am heading over to a junk yard in a bit to see if they have any but I thought i'd ask you guys first. Thanks for any help. Sorry about the stupid question.

RobbieD

2.9l Mafia
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Toonces drives a Ranger . . . . just not very well.
I don't have a shop manual close, to see what a "proper" term is, but "heater box" should work just fine. Kind of tough to guess if it can be restored, without seeing some pics. If there isn't anything internal to the heater box in the area that interferes with the new suspension parts, it could be possible to modify a good heater box, like with fiberglass, to clear the suspension and still allow the heater to function. Post some pics of what you've got, if possible, and good luck!

YZFRydn

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I didn't even think about the pictures. I will go grab a camera and take a picture and put them on here.

RobbieD

2.9l Mafia
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Toonces drives a Ranger . . . . just not very well.
Good deal! Let's see what you got.

YZFRydn

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
It's going to take me till tonight to get the pictures. Unfortunately my memory card for my camera is missing so I have to find it. Sorry about the wait.

YZFRydn

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Nevermind on this whole topic. I went over to a junkyard and took a look around at some of the heater boxes, and when I went back to my truck to take a look at the sizing, I noticed why it was cut. I have a hoop on the front suspension because of my two Rancho springs and in order for that to work the heater box had to be removed. I don't really see anyway of getting passed this considering I would have to take off a good 3-4 inches from the bottom. Thanks anyways.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals