• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2000 B3000 Abs light

teamxdmatt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
mazda
Transmission
Automatic
while i was driving i noticed the abs light turn on brakes seem fine still tach is working and speedometer is fine also. not sure what i need to look at i know the pads are fine i don't drive this truck that much. thanks for any help on this matter.

kemo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
head to a parts store to see if they have a scan tool they'll let you use to pull the code. Could be low brake fluid, could be something simple as a wheel speed sensor.

One last thing, Welcome to TRS.

teamxdmatt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
mazda
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks for the help . i found this out yesterday when I hold the brake while starting the truck it won't come on until I let my foot off the brake . Has anyone seen this before

modelageek

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
while i was driving i noticed the abs light turn on brakes seem fine still tach is working and speedometer is fine also. not sure what i need to look at i know the pads are fine i don't drive this truck that much. thanks for any help on this matter.
do you have 4 wheel abs or rabs.....I know the vss/abs sensor in the differential is a finicky part.....it costs about $25 and takes 10 minutes to change........

martin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
sounds like low brake fluid. Check to make sure you don't have a leak.

modelageek

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
that's the 2ndlow brake fluid post. I don't think that is the issue. The brake light would come on if the fluid was low

teamxdmatt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
mazda
Transmission
Automatic
brake fluid is full . the truck is 2wd not sure if that helps any.

teamxdmatt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
mazda
Transmission
Automatic
do you have 4 wheel abs or rabs.....I know the vss/abs sensor in the differential is a finicky part.....it costs about $25 and takes 10 minutes to change........
how would i find out if i have 4 wheel abs? i know the speed sensor had to be replaced when we first bought the truck in 2000 maybe its going out again?

just not sure why it would turn on when i held the brake while starting and when i let my foot off the light turns on

Last edited:

multiranger

Praise the Lowerd!
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
The cam gear pump works fine for filtered WVO or used motor oil Babington heaters and I have installed it on my Babington style heaters. Ldu Company's stock number is 450516 , The only thing about the cam gear pump is that the fire kind of pulses as the cam gear rotates. If you use the spur gear pump that is LDU's stock number 450512 then you get a steady non-pulsing fire. The WVO pump website is http://www.liangdianup.com/subpages/oilpump_1.htm or you can click through to the tools section from the home page at www.LDUcompany.com

LDU Company also has other parts that I use for building my waste oil burners, like gear reduction motors. I find it best to turn the pump slower because you really don't need a whole lot of oil dripping on the atomizer ball.
What does all that have to do with ABS lights?

notbob

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford/Mazda
Transmission
Automatic
abs light

some problems with abs will not have a code. with some abs problems the light will go out when you start up but once you start down the road if there is an error it will come back on at 10 to12 mph. I recently had a problem with mine and it turn out to be the tone rings on the front. the ring is placed just behind the brake backing plate on the cv shaft. mine had broken which allowed them to slide out of place. before tearing it down to replace them I decided to try something easier. I took gasket sealer and applied it to the surface where the ring goes, then put the ring back in place and let it dry. that was a couple months ago and it is working fine. a dealership was going to charge $300+ to fix it. The new rings were only $30 but the sealer was only $5 and took about 10 minutes apply.
There are a few other little things that can cause the abs to come on. something as simple as dirt and corrosion built up on the sensor or in the harness connector if it gets exposed to the elements. the sensor is just behind the brake back plate too with most likely one screw holding it in place.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals