• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Bad Booster? I donno.

bullitt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I checked for leaks, i have no more, the pedal is pretty good and the brakes work like they should after you bleed them. But then slowly day by day they got a little worse, and a little worse, till i have no brakes whatsoever. The resovoir doesn't loose fluid either. You can hear a little "whoosh" sound when you press the pedal, especially when there isn't a pedal and it goes to the floor, you really hear it. My freind said it reminds him of his truck, which has a bad booster, cause we replaced everything else. Sound like bad booster to anybody else?

MAKG

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
No. A bad booster gives you a hard pedal. A soft pedal must be hydraulic. Or maybe loose master cylinder bolts (but I really doubt it).

I suspect your booster may be bad as well, but it's not the primary problem.

bullitt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Okay, well thanks for the input makg. So far it's been 3 days after i last bled them and their holding okay. But i talk to my other freind last night about it and he too suspected the master cylinder being faulty. I'm positive i fixed all my leaks in my lines, finally the snow melted here so i could get under neath and find out. I just didn't think the master cylidner or booster could be bad, because the brakes were pretty good before i started tearing into this bronco and transforming it.

Chic N Stew

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9ltr
Transmission
Manual
Same thing happened to me, after i replaced the master cylinder, it worked fine, it was an internal leak where air was getting into the system

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals