• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Rearend lockers?

rangerdave571

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
4 2.3
Transmission
Manual
I've got a 96 b23 2wd. I'm looking to turn it into a baja truck. Should I use a rear end with posi or actually lockers? Where would I find a rear end with lockers? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Bennybooster

EMT / Paramedic
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
A lock rite is a good deal if you still have to drive on the street. If you dont have to drive it on the street weld the spiders but im assuming you have a 7.5 rear end and it might not last very long if you rolled on 33's

trail B2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
The original limited slip works pretty good if the clutches are in good shape and they are pretty easy to get along with day to day.If you can find the whole thing it would go in pretty easy.

kiragyu

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
mazda
Engine Size
3.0V6
Transmission
Automatic
i have powertraxx lock right and its done amazing things for me i just need better tires bfg ats with no tread dont go through mud very good

kiragyu

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
mazda
Engine Size
3.0V6
Transmission
Automatic
and to answer where you can find one with a locker its pretty easy to install a locker inside your rear axle it pretty much slides in

Will

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I believe you want Lock RIght #1830. I saw one at $360--I guess low demand makes that one a little more than other axles. It's a couple hours to install, maybe an afternoon if you haven't done anything similar before. No special tools or knowledge required. Actually, come to think of it, with that little ring gear you may have to grind a tooth or two a little to get the pin out. I've not done it, but I almost did and the owner balked.

A quick way to tell if you have a 7.5 or an 8.8 is to slide under the rear bumper and feel the bottom of the pumpkin right under the cover. The 7.5 has a narrow 3/4" wide lip cast into the housing along the bottom of the cover--like a handle you could use to pull the truck backwards. The 8.8 has a thick lip under there--maybe 2-3" wide. A picture posted here would quickly clear it up if you aren't sure.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals