• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Tonneau, Toolbox ??

dmanmccann

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Manual
I POSTED THIS ALREADY IN THE RANGER-FORUMS>>

I just recently bought a tonneau snap cover..Well i have a standerd cab and NEED ROOM BAD..so i want a toolbox for all my stuff i take with me...Well i cant put a toolbox in now b/c the cover....IS there a solution besides getting an extended cab..

I thought about just getting a plastic toolbox from wally world and strapping er down to the bed under the cover...But then id have to unsnap the cover to get to it..Its cold here so the cover is REALLY tight...Maybe i could strap the toolbox down at the tailgate and just have to unsnap a little of the cover...

Well if anyone has a solution help me please

bikerboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
here's what you need. It's a bit pricey but if i understand right thats what your looking for.

Muddycowboy

GOT MUD?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
if its anything like mine, that is the frame is 4 pieces and it snaps in on the sides, with bows to support. here is what i would find a local shop that does interior or boat covers or awnings or some thing. then get your tool box and cut the frame to fit behind the box. have the shop fit your cover to match the size of the frame. i thought about a box to and that was my idea cause to chop the frame all that has to be done is cut the side pieces down and the ends would snap right back in. instead i desided to go with a light bar but i had a local boat cover shop cut the cover so i could put in on with the light bar in and still remove it. just an idea for thought.:icon_thumby:

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals