• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

FoMoCo #5 in customer rentention

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Sounds good to me. The loyal ford customers don't have to replace there vehicles as often as the loyal Toyota and GM customers do. IMO the only reason to replace a vehicle is if something is wrong with it or it no longer meets the needs, so if fewer loyal ford customers are buying then that means there product is good enough that replacements aren't needed. BTW look at the flip side of this, if 54.4% are returning where did the other 45.6% of new customers come from, and what were they trying to get away from?

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
BTW look at the flip side of this, if 54.4% are returning where did the other 45.6% of new customers come from, and what were they trying to get away from?
It think it is that of all the people that buy a new Ford, 54.4% will end up buying another one. The other 45.6% are people jumping ship.

human5

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Also another thing to look at is that the survey dosn't include everyone. Although, it might include everyone, it's just all from the dealer's. But honestly, who knows how most of these surveys come about. I was surveyed once about cookies in a mall and that was it.

aggoodin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
The only reason GM was that high is because of the sheer number of brands. Misleading.

Jason

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
(formerly) 200
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
It has nothing to do with replacement interval. If you haven't replaced a vehicle then you would not be applicable to the survey. Why do folks have a hard time believing that the person that bought a Windstar or worse, a Focus, would be turned off from Ford? FoMoCo is climbing and will continue to do so, but they slacked for many years during the 80's and 90's. That hurts retention and sends the consumer elsewhere. These numbers are backed by the fact that Toyota keeps climbing up the ladder in units sold, even without the benefit of Government contracts or a real fleet program.

Jason

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
(formerly) 200
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
The only reason GM was that high is because of the sheer number of brands. Misleading.
Not misleading, that may be how they retain customers. Offering more variety is a proven business model to retain customer base.

aggoodin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Not misleading, that may be how they retain customers. Offering more variety is a proven business model to retain customer base.
Yes the average consumer can be baffled with BS.

Jason

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
(formerly) 200
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Ford does the same. Lincoln, Mercury and Ford all have sister models to most cars and trucks now. All the domestics do it well.

aggoodin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Ford has a few soldiers compared to the GM army of brands: Chevy, GMC, Buick, Pontiac, Hummer, Saab, Cadillac and Saturn.

human5

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Ford has a few soldiers compared to the GM army of brands: Chevy, GMC, Buick, Pontiac, Hummer, Saab, Cadillac and Saturn.
If you wanna go that route, Ford has...
Ford, Mercury, Lincoln, Mazda, Volvo, Jagurar, Land Rover, Harley Davidson and I think 1 more, I could just check the ford website but I'm lazy. Not too sure about Volvo, Jag, and Land Rover. I know at 1 point they were subsidaries of Ford, don't know about now and to what extent.

I'm hoping Ford can move up though. We don't know exactly what the Survey included, New Coustomers making the other 45.6% or is that customers jumping ship? :dntknw:

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
If you wanna go that route, Ford has...
Ford, Mercury, Lincoln, Mazda, Volvo, Jagurar, Land Rover, Harley Davidson and I think 1 more, I could just check the ford website but I'm lazy. Not too sure about Volvo, Jag, and Land Rover. I know at 1 point they were subsidaries of Ford, don't know about now and to what extent.
Jag and Land Rover are owned by Ford, although they are for sale and I have heard they finally found someone that is interested in buying those two nameplates. Harley isn't owned by Ford, they just use their name for a package on fullsize trucks.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals