• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

good site for buying a hitch

User Name missing

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I want to pick up a class 2 or 3, hidden hitch, 2" receiver for my 06 Town and Country with stow n go seats. I'm not sure if I can buy one locally, so what are some good websites? I see etrailer.com advertised here, but I'm wanting to say after a quick look there and JC Whitney, JC was a bit cheaper.

02RangerXLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
AutoAnything
JC
Rock Auto
AutoWorldAccessories

I don't know what the scoop on this etrailer group is, they just started showing up on google searches and stuff AFAIK...

User Name missing

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Heres another question. How much more noticeable would a regular class 2/3 hitch be vs. the hidden hitch brand? I was originally gonna pick one up at U-haul for around $150, but another site I visit mentioned, by multiple ppl, that they installed the hidden hitch brand so its less noticeable AND they called regular hitches driveway gougers, etc. As of now, I'm only adding a hitch for a bike rack and similar accessories, but who knows what I may do with it years down the road.

Hopman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Just for the record: class I hitches usually have 1 1/4" reciever holes, while III & up are 2" holes.

2" Hitch acessories are way more common than the smaller ones. Go with the Class III.

The'd be the sam ammount of time & hassel to install, so go bigger.

User Name missing

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
class 2 also has 2", its either 1 1/4" or 2"

Hopman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
I stand corrected. Either way, get the 2" size. If it were me buying the hitch, I'd go with the Class III. You never know what you might buy later on or what a buddy will want you to haul.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals