• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Wrecked 87 Bronco II

iron butt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
It's been awhile since I posted. My son bought an 87 B2 and rolled it on it's side, taking out the windshield, rear and side window. It has a good motor, manual trans and manual hubs. I'm in process of putting together a 90 B2 and wondering how much of the 87 stuff will interchange and is it worth while to strip it? I know some things are different, like rotors and calipers.

master hec0

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Manual
i tried using used rotors from a 1988 bronco II to a 1987 and they did not work. same with the rear drums. so i doubt brake parts will work.

forzda

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 mazda B300
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I am looking for a rear sway bar from a B2 for my truck , would you have one that you would be willing to sell. please send reply via PM as for some reason I do not get email notification

iron butt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I know about the brake parts, having been through that with the 90. I don't have the vehicle yet, I've got till Wednesday to make up my mind, if there's enough usable parts to make it worth dragging it home and incurring the wrath of the wife.
fordza I'm in S.E Pa.

r1hatman

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic

cody93

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
yea, lets see how bad it is, can it still drive? if its not too bad, you could make ur self a chop top lol

iron butt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
More interested in getting the 90 on the road. It needs to be road legal. Body was in good shape

cody93

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
hmm, pics of both would be usefull

pwrranger88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i tried using used rotors from a 1988 bronco II to a 1987 and they did not work. same with the rear drums. so i doubt brake parts will work.
rotors are the same part numbers from 1984-1990 same thing with the calipers and rear brakes

iron butt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I don't have a picture of the wrecked 87, but if there was a fold down windshield it might work. I' ll post a picture of my 90, it's in pretty good shape except for some rust behind the drivers door, in front of the rear wheel. The motor in it is shot and I just picked up another motor with low mileage. My son and I started working on it when he got out of the army. On the 90 brake rotors, I found out that there where two different rotors due to a mid year change. Broncos built after a certain date ( 10/89 I think) that year ended up with a larger hub. Auto Zone tried to tell me I was nuts. I showed them the one I took off and the one they said was for mine. Believe it or not it was in the haynes book, suprised me too. On some things Haynes manual is a waste of paper.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals