• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

94 b-3000 smoke/knock

chrisp6108

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
mazda
Transmission
Automatic
i will do my best to explain....
bought this truck used about 6 months ago, drive it daily too and from work with no issues, the truck has 79k miles on it, and its a auto 3.0l... Dont know the entire history of the truck but there is new tires on it, body is in good shape, somones tried to repair a rust hole in bed fender, comon spots for fords...... the spark plug wires are numbered, so someone has done some kind of work , i just dont know what exactly, i would assume a tune up.

I get up in the morning and i can start the truck up and starts up every time no issues, some times if feels like its 100rpm less and puffs a little bit of blue smoke out tail pipe...... but then i can repeat the process , next morning and it be perfectly fine....... kinda strange i thought

So i drive it about 10 miles interstate at 70mps which is i beleive 2600 rpm, and only 1 or 2 times a week this will happen, if i let off the gas to slow down, i hear a slight tick and some smoke comes out the tail pipe, blue of course.. but it doesnt do it regularly. does it when its cold out, does it when its hot out.. doesnt matter, only thing i havnt tried is with the ac on, which im sure wont matter..

And
i notice as well not alwayse, maybe 1 or twice a week, im at a stop light and go to accelerate it will slightly tick or knock and try to puff some smoke, and feel slightly underpowered.... as soon as the tick goes away it picks up the power and torque it should have..

again i dont know if the plugs and wires are new or not, but i have replaces the PCV valve thikning that might be the issue and its not, the air filter looks brand new. the oil was just changed about a month ago, and thats when i noticed this, so i changed the oil thinking it may help. but it didnt...

Is this a head issue or a fuel issue, im starting to think its a sticking fuel injector because i never smell burt oil , and if it was oil would it be black and not blue?

Last edited:

Beef52751

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
almost sounds like a valve seal because of when it smokes but IDK

98Mazda4X4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
you could have a valve seat thats bad causing the tick or could be a rod bearing

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals