• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

motor swap help needed

pyro68

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
i have a 92 explorer dash and a 92 4.0 in my b2. turning the key engages starter, but no fuel pump or spark. gauges are reading funky too. any ideas? thanks

do i need to splice the b2 inline h.p. fuel pump into the exploder harness?

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
You might need to get a 4.0 pump and the body/pump harness off of your donor.

As for the gauges, I know the fuel sender uses a different resistance range, but the 4.0 pump and sender should fix that. I'm not sure about the rest.

trail B2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
When I put mine in the gauges blinkers and stereo weren't acting right and wipers only worked on high. There's a large black ground wire under the dash that needs to be grounded.

When you changed the dash did you change the steering column too if not it won't turn on the fuel pump circuits are different in the turn flasher switch.There is a wire you have to connect black with a purple strip it's a lone wire going to the back of the car with a heavy connector.You will see it down by the master cylinder where you need to hook up the tail and brake lights.

I don't know about the spark without seeing it.

pyro68

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
the problem is that i dont have a donor. i baught the 4.0 from a buddy. then got a dash off craigslist. did they change the layout of the wires in the white plugs that go threw the drivers side firewall on different explorers fron 90 to 93?

pyro68

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
thanks for the info. yeah ive got the exploder steering colum in it. my wipers are doing the same, and turn signals are bein weird too. where abouts under the dash is the ground your talking about?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals