• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

B3000 Idle/throttle problem

klwilliam

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
I have a 94 B3000 and it has been idling irregularly, and also as I'm driving down the road it will make different clicking noises, and then it acts as like my throttle is stuck. I will push in the clutch to switch gears and the motor will rev up to almost 4000rpms. Even while I'm driving I will let go of the gas and it acts if the throttle is stuck and it will maintain the speed. It will idle down if I slow down using the clutch to force the rpm's back down, but this is not good for my clutch, and quite embarrassing. I have noticed that if I unplug the idle air control valve it doesn't rev up, or act if the throttle is stuck. Then again it idles bad, and sometimes won't start if I don't have it plugged in. I'm thinking its either the idle control valve or possible the throttle position sensor. Any help on this issue would be much appreciated, thanks for your time.

bcost882

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2000, 2011
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L, 1.6L
Transmission
Manual
sounds like you need to replace the IAC and possibly the TPS. and while you are at it go ahead and clean the Maf

Research Rat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
I'm having the same issue on my 94 b3000 (search feature is a great thing!)

I know it's a post from a year ago, but I'm curious if you identified the culprit and solution? Is this a common issue?

-Scott

modelageek

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I'm having the same issue on my 94 b3000 (search feature is a great thing!)

I know it's a post from a year ago, but I'm curious if you identified the culprit and solution? Is this a common issue?

-Scott
start a new thread in the 3.0 engine forum...give as many details as you can...............for now start with cleaning the idle air control valve, the throttle body and the maf.....and check for codes.......all those are maintenance items anyways

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals