• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Strange ground

Wasp

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
4XFORD
I swapped a 94 4.0 w/A4LD into my 90 B2... And now I have an electrical issue that's baffling me.

With a standard test light, I connected the alligator clip to the (+)positive side of the battery, then probe to any of the fuses in the large component fuse box on the fender well. It seems that the fuses have all been grounded out some how. The test light comes on whenever I touch a fuse from the (+)positive side of the battery. I should get a spark not have the light come on.... right?

When I test with the alligator clip on the (-)negative side of the battery and the probe to the any of the fuses, the light does not come on...

I tried isolating all the components by unplugging everything while watching for the light to go out, with no success.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Harl

trail B2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My conversion was from a 93 and it had a similar fuse box.It had a 8 or 10 gauge wire coming out for the source and it was black.Did you ground that wire?Fuses and switches don't need a ground and because it was black I wanted to ground it myself.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals