• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Old truck, new member

floyd

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4-banger
Transmission
Manual
Hey everyone my name is matt and I'm trading my current car (240sx) for an older ranger pickup. The motor in the truck is blown, so as soon as we finish dropping in another 2.3L four banger the truck becomes mine, it also has a rebuilt transmission as of 2 months ago.

So yeah I joined here to learn more about the motor and transmission before we swap the old for the new motor, wish me luck, its gonna be my first complete engine swap.

floyd

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4-banger
Transmission
Manual
It's been a while since I've posted, a lot of stuff changed since that intro... I ended selling the 240 as a shell and buying a different ranger than the aforementioned one.

When i bought it:

After a ton of prep, rust fixing, and a lot of cans of spray paint:

i'll get betters pics when its light outside tomorrow.

When it gets warm I plan on painting it with a gloss coat, same color scheme, and finishing the rear fenders. (I know the rattle can job isn't much to brag about)

It also has a 160 p.s.i. train horn :thefinger:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals