• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

camber problems

b2rich

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
whats an engine?
Transmission
Automatic
as stated in another post, I put new leveling springs in and adjustable (0-3.25 +/-)bushings. Had alignment adjusted and still have positive camber. Had another shop look at it and they said the bushings were maxed out as far as they would go.
Ive already noticed that the front tires are getting chewed up pretty good on the outside. I only put the springs in 4 days ago. Im still running 235s till i get this issue figured out.
anybody have any suggestions, as to my next step, to take care of this issue.

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Why in the world do you need leveling springs in a B2, doesn't it already sit level?

Also, putting the size of tire that you plan to run on it will help. You might also need more adjustment.

b2rich

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
whats an engine?
Transmission
Automatic
Why in the world do you need leveling springs in a B2, doesn't it already sit level?

Also, putting the size of tire that you plan to run on it will help. You might also need more adjustment.
not when you have exploder springs in the ass-end.

F150hybred

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Tire/wheel selection will have an effect on the alignment of your truck. I'll explain... If you have your truck set up (aligned) with "stock" tires and wheels then change over to a wheel with a different offset, it will adversely effect the final settings. An aftermarket wheel with an offset greater (positive) than factory to the outside will multiply the force on the spring at ride height... it's not all the great of a difference, but it is a difference. The further you offset the wheels to the outside, the greater the change will be. Same goes for using wheels with an offset to the inside (negative) greater than factory wheels except it will tend to remove weight from the spring at ride height. Odds are, if you go to a 15"X8" wheel with an offset of 3.5", it will seem to bring the front suspension down... adding weight to the spring through leverage. Now, if you change that wheel to a 15"X10" with the same offset, it's gonna add even more weight to the spring.
With the above being said, mount the tires you are going to run with on a set of 15"X8" wheels with a 3.5" back spacing and I'll bet dollars to donuts that things will settle down and the camber (the problem area) will be within spec. The only things that will be needing adjustment will be the final toe setting.

Clear as mud..... rite????? :icon_rofl:

b2rich

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
whats an engine?
Transmission
Automatic
Tire/wheel selection will have an effect on the alignment of your truck. I'll explain... If you have your truck set up (aligned) with "stock" tires and wheels then change over to a wheel with a different offset, it will adversely effect the final settings. An aftermarket wheel with an offset greater (positive) than factory to the outside will multiply the force on the spring at ride height... it's not all the great of a difference, but it is a difference. The further you offset the wheels to the outside, the greater the change will be. Same goes for using wheels with an offset to the inside (negative) greater than factory wheels except it will tend to remove weight from the spring at ride height. Odds are, if you go to a 15"X8" wheel with an offset of 3.5", it will seem to bring the front suspension down... adding weight to the spring through leverage. Now, if you change that wheel to a 15"X10" with the same offset, it's gonna add even more weight to the spring.
With the above being said, mount the tires you are going to run with on a set of 15"X8" wheels with a 3.5" back spacing and I'll bet dollars to donuts that things will settle down and the camber (the problem area) will be within spec. The only things that will be needing adjustment will be the final toe setting.

Clear as mud..... rite????? :icon_rofl:
ya, no. you-betch-ya. i got it. :icon_confused:
right now i do have 15x8s with 3.5 bs. been running them since i got the truck. 3.5 yrs. im thinking of just dealing with it for a couple of weeks. seeing if the springs settle a little. then going to a 30. id go with a 31 but im only running 3:73 on the tiny d28. and i dont, at this point want to do any cutting.
thanks

F150hybred

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Give it some time. The springs will settle in a take a "set" a little lower than they are rite now. I would say about a month... depending on how hard and where you drive.

trail B2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
How much did the leveling springs raise the front over 2" on mine 2" is about 3degrees.I put mine on new springs and it was crooked and I didn't have the spring wound all the way in the slot on one side.What your doing worked for me except I just had spacers.

b2rich

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
whats an engine?
Transmission
Automatic
How much did the leveling springs raise the front over 2" on mine 2" is about 3degrees.I put mine on new springs and it was crooked and I didn't have the spring wound all the way in the slot on one side.What your doing worked for me except I just had spacers.
mine came out to 2 inches on the dot, both sides came out the same. about 1/2 inch higher than the rear with exploder springs.
i do see that they are settling. ive put about 400 miles on it since i put them on. it is still squirlly(sp) in the front, but getting better.
what size tires are you running, did you have to trim?

trail B2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My set up is kinda on it's own.What i did was put 4" lift skyjacker springs and lifted the front buckets 1.5 inches I was trying to get a little flex in the front.So it's basically your set up with taller spring buckets and springs.Plus a 2" body lift which I like because I was able to flush mount my winch tuck up my exhaust plus makes working on the tranny ect. much easier.I have 33" x10.5 BF goodrich Km2 the wheel wells are trimmed in the front and back and tied the inner fenders back.The trimming if you take you time looks better with bigger openings anyway.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals